1) I agreed to settle my debt with BOA on day X.
2) I requested to have a settlement letter sent and was told that it would be faxed on day (X + 1).
3) On business day (X + 2), I called because I ddi not receive my settlement letter. I was told that the debt was sold on date X.
4) I have requested the debt be recalled (through the recovery department. some representatives say that it should be recalled and some say nope.
5) I received a letter from BOA stating that the REASON why the settlement was voided is because I did not set up a payment or agree to the payment. (which is really confusing because I did agree to terms and attempted to make a payment on day X + 2 but was not allowed.)
Can my state’s attorney general help me get BOA to recall the debt and help resolve this issue?
Bank of America Agreed to Settle My Debt But Sold It. What Can I Do? - Mani by Steve Rhode
It’s time to put debt behind you and start dreaming about your life after debt. – Click to Tweet
This reader question was submitted for site members to answer.
This is your chance to be a hero and help out this person by providing your feedback and answer to the question. Post your response in the comments section below.
If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form.