Latest Posts
Home > Debt Articles > Client Kills Self Just One Payment Away From Being Debt Free

Client Kills Self Just One Payment Away From Being Debt Free

I’m not surprised that people find it necessary to kill themselves because of financial problems. They do, it’s sad and it’s needless. What makes this so shocking was that he was so close to being debt free.

News in yesterday from my office in the Netherlands surprised me.

I learned that a fellow that we had helped to turn his financial life around killed himself this week.

He wanted to badly to be out of debt, he did not want to go bankrupt, a different process in the Netherlands, and he’d had worked hard to pay off his debts. He was just one more payment away from being completely out of debt.

But apparently his daughter’s birthday was this week, he is separated from his wife over issues related to his alcoholism. He called his daughter to tell her he was coming to her party and she told him she did not want to see him. And apparently that was the last straw for him. As far as we are aware, he didn’t talk to anyone and his suicide and it was a complete surprise for everyone. Totally out of the blue.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If you are considering committing suicide over an issue that gives you emotional pain, please don’t. Please reach out to a friend, a loved one, me, this blog, or just anyone for care and compassion.

I don’t know you, but I do care about you. There are many that do.

So If I Don’t Know You, How Can I Care About You?

One thing I’ve learned in my worldly travels is that while people might have different skin color, different dialects, different religions or sexual orientation, for the most part 85% of people are beautiful souls that do care. The other 15% you might ask; well 5% seem ambivalent and the last 10% as just assholes. Skip contacting one of them.

So don’t forget. If life seems so overwhelming, I care, this blog cares and the readers of this blog care about you. The last thing any of us want is you unsubscribing from the RSS feed of life.

Client Kills Self Just One Payment Away From Being Debt Free
Get Out of Debt Guy – Twitter, G+, Facebook

Client Kills Self Just One Payment Away From Being Debt Free by

Share This and Spread the Word

About Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Get My FREE Get Out of Debt Guy Newsletter

It is the smart thing to do.

I promise to keep your email safe and secure.

Close

I want to keep you posted each weekday with just one email about the latest get out of debt news, scam alerts and information to beat back debt.

You can unsubscribe at any time with just one click.

After you subscribe, check your email to confirm your subscription. If the confirmation email does not appear in your inbox in a few minutes, check your spam folder for it. Sometimes it likes to annoyingly hide there.


  • It will keep you posted on the latest scams.
  • You will be alerted to the latest articles.
  • You will wind up smarter than everyone else dealing with debt.