H&R Block just released the following info graphic which gives us some interesting facts about tax payers and their obligations.
- 48% of the U.S. population are taxpayers.
- 70% of taxpayers e-file.
- The majority of taxpayers file as single.
- The average taxpayer claims 1.4 dependents.
- 3,330,871 people claimed their parents as an exemption. Kind of a scary statistic to think that many parents are not making it on their own.
- The average college student pays $22,000 a year for tuition.
- The average taxpayer makes $49,000 a year.