Steve, I also asked Damon this because he responded to my post. Background: you submitted my complaint against World Law this afternoon – thank you. And thank you for the guidance you have provided on this website. I followed your advice. I kept the complaint factual instead of just a personal vendetta and since they did not reply by the deadline I gave I have now filed grievances with all the companies you named. Thank you for the links too.
Now my new question. I am at a loss. The creditor that took me to court in July now has a continuance for next Thursday. I can’t make the trip again so it will be instant judgement against me when I don’t show up. I have made repeated offers to the credit union and they have refused all of them. With judgement against me next week the amount gets written off as uncollected debt and then the collection agency comes after me. It goes into my credit report two ways, uncollected debt AND judgement placed against me. Do you know any procedural move that can be done to stop them from getting a judgement?
Sorry, no. For that you’d need to speak with a local attorney.
I would not be surprised if they did not go for a wage garnishment rather than just let a collection agency deal with it.
You could always consider bankruptcy as a way to terminate the debt(s) and kill any judgment.
Bankruptcy Articles and Posts You Must Read
To get ready to read the information below with the right frame of mind, please first read How Do I Get Out of Debt Quickly? Change Your Mindset.
- How to Know if You Should File Bankruptcy
- So You Are Going to File Bankruptcy. That’s Great News. Congratulations.
- Easily Rebuild Your Credit After Bankruptcy
- The Truth About Bankruptcy Success Rates
- How to Get Out of Debt Calculator
- How Long After Bankruptcy Can I Buy a House?
- Is Bankruptcy Sinful and Bad or Right and Moral? An Examination
- What Does the Bible Say About Bankruptcy? Is Bankruptcy Scriptural?
- How to Get Out of Debt. The Honest and Unvarnished Truth
- The Emotional Seven Stages of Debt
- Getting a Job After Bankruptcy
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy – What is the Truth?
- Low Cost / Pro Bono Bankruptcy Resource Locator
- Bankruptcy Should Be the Last Resort Many Say. But That’s Just Not True
- The Ethical Considerations of Bankruptcy
- Is Bankruptcy Right For Me?
- 14 Reasons You Should Not Avoid Bankruptcy
- How to Really Discharge Your Student Loans in Bankruptcy. Many Can. But Never Try.
- Life After Bankruptcy: How to Quickly Have Great Credit and Dumb Mistakes to Avoid
- How to Find a Great Bankruptcy Attorney
- You Have Not Failed if You File Bankruptcy
Life After Bankruptcy
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form. I’m happy to help you totally for free.