Latest Posts
Home > Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts > I’m in India But Left the UK With Debt in 2012. Can I Come Back to the UK? – Khan

I’m in India But Left the UK With Debt in 2012. Can I Come Back to the UK? – Khan

“Dear Jon,

I came to UK as student in 2010 and left in march 2012 as I have finished my PGD. I was decided to apply for Masters course but could not my family shifts from Pakistan to India because facing of prosecution. I came to India to join my family and we got our nationality in six months as my father is originally from India. Now I want to apply for masters course in Uk but I have unpaid loan and mobile bills in my name. I paid all the bills and installments by using direct debit from my bank account while I was in UK but I accidentally left UK I do not know if I have county court judgement against me. My total unpaid amount is about 3000 pounds.
Many Thanks

will UKBA refuse my student visa if I have ccj against me. I am applying visa with indian passport?


Don’t miss our free Get Out of Debt – “How To” Guide Series on a number of topics, for loads of practical advice, tips, and help to beat back debt. – Click Here

The Answer


To my knowledge there is no direct affiliation between the Home Office Boarder Agency, applying for a Visa and having outstanding debts in the UK; this is a question better answered by the Home Office as Visa rules and restrictions are changing as I write this, especially for students.

Having an outstanding CCJ or unpaid debts may have an impact on receiving future student loans or other loans depending on who is granting the loan and the criteria for the loan.

I hope this helps.



Im in India But Left the UK With Debt in 2012. Can I Come Back to the UK?   KhanJon Emge is an experienced UK debt advisor who has helped thousands and thousands of people in the UK to deal with problem debt. Jon specialises in finding good solutions for problem debt using a variety of UK specific techniques.

If you have a question you’d like to ask about how to get out of UK debt, just use the online form. I’m happy to help you for free.

I'm in India But Left the UK With Debt in 2012. Can I Come Back to the UK? - Khan by

Share This and Spread the Word

About Jon Emge

Jon Emge
  • Suresh

    I am on Indian.. and landed on this site reviewing some insolvency laws… and I am surprised with the number of Indian posts here..seeking help on how not to pay… Everytime I travel abroad, I can feel no one likes Indians.. and I am starting to realise why… Reallly shame on us…

  • James James

    Typical of Indians and Nigerians. Is it any wonder the world doesnt want them.

  • Goodbro123

    Thank you very much. 
    I appreciated that you gave your precious time in this matter. I will pay each and every pound I owe as I did not have any intention for non payment before. I am going to apply for UK visa and seek your guidance to pay the amount if I will be there.

Get My FREE Get Out of Debt Guy Newsletter

It is the smart thing to do.

I promise to keep your email safe and secure.


I want to keep you posted each weekday with just one email about the latest get out of debt news, scam alerts and information to beat back debt.

You can unsubscribe at any time with just one click.

After you subscribe, check your email to confirm your subscription. If the confirmation email does not appear in your inbox in a few minutes, check your spam folder for it. Sometimes it likes to annoyingly hide there.

  • It will keep you posted on the latest scams.
  • You will be alerted to the latest articles.
  • You will wind up smarter than everyone else dealing with debt.