Latest Posts
Home > Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts > Should I Ask My Sharjah, United Arab Emirates Creditor to Drop the Case? – Alvi

Should I Ask My Sharjah, United Arab Emirates Creditor to Drop the Case? – Alvi

“Dear Steve,

I have a bounced cheque situation, the amount is not that high (14000). I couldn’t pay back since I am almost at handover of a project and want to pay the supplier asap. Since the cheque has already bounced and I have received threats from the supplier, I am a quite worried what will happen next. The supplier has filed a case as I did not answer his calls and the police department also tried calling but I never replied. Its been almost a month now since the incident. My payment is coming in the next 2 weeks. Please advice me what to do. Should I go to the Police station and pay off the debt or should I go to the supplier pay off and ask him to drop the case. Is it possible I could send somebody else instead of me going personally. Please reply to this urgently as I need to do some action asap. Should I hire a lawyer and ask him to settle the amount in installments? What are the consequences I have to face now?


Don’t miss our free Get Out of Debt – “How To” Guide Series on a number of topics, for loads of practical advice, tips, and help to beat back debt. – Click Here

The Answer

Dear Alvi,

The UAE is a really bad place for debtors. It is still entirely possible to find yourself in jail for a bounced cheque.

I would not discourage you from seeking the advice of a local lawyer to assist you with this matter. Good legal advice is extremely valuable.

At this point the best solution would be one where you can negotiate with the creditor to allow you to repay the debt in some mutually agreeable fashion you can meet.

If you do strike an agreement with the creditor, be sure to get it in writing.

If you are a UAE citizen there may be some additional programs you can use to deal with the debt. Let me know if you are.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

Big Hug!

Should I Ask My Sharjah, United Arab Emirates Creditor to Drop the Case?   Alvi
Get Out of Debt Guy – Twitter, G+, Facebook

If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form. I’m happy to help you totally for free.

Should I Ask My Sharjah, United Arab Emirates Creditor to Drop the Case? - Alvi by

Share This and Spread the Word

About Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Get My FREE Get Out of Debt Guy Newsletter

It is the smart thing to do.

I promise to keep your email safe and secure.


I want to keep you posted each weekday with just one email about the latest get out of debt news, scam alerts and information to beat back debt.

You can unsubscribe at any time with just one click.

After you subscribe, check your email to confirm your subscription. If the confirmation email does not appear in your inbox in a few minutes, check your spam folder for it. Sometimes it likes to annoyingly hide there.

  • It will keep you posted on the latest scams.
  • You will be alerted to the latest articles.
  • You will wind up smarter than everyone else dealing with debt.