I’m in deep trouble and the only option left for me is Suicide. I just can’t think of anything to overcome the hassle I created by myself. Im so stupid that I trusted someone wholeheartedly broke me into pieces.
I came to USA in 2009 on a F1 student visa , borrowed money from my family members for my education and living expenses since I cannot work here being on a F1 visa.
I graduated and received an OPT visa which allowed me to work for 1 year. I found ajob, started working , got a decent pay , everything was perfect. I almost paid off 50% of loan that I borrowed from my family members back home.
I met a girl who I fell in love with. She had financial trouble, had no job and her mother was sick. I helped her out with some bills she loved me too. we started living together i used to pay for almost all her bills. We decided to get married.
I took the responsibility of all the wedding expenses and I thought once I marry her I will be able to work here life long as she is an American citizen and I can pay of my debt easily.
she borrowed some cash for her mothers medical expenses and i thought everything was smooth and after marriage we both can work and pay off our debt together. but soon our debt turned into my debt. She cheated me . she never wanted to marry me , it was all for the money . In fact she had a boyfriend. I was so blind to trust her . all the debt came up to 45k.
My visa expires next month and I can’t live here legally. all I can do is go back home to india , find a job and try to clear the debt as much i can .
I even have to pay my family but they will understand and give me some more time. The problem is I will end up making a very less amount in india and it will be hard to pay off this huge debt.
I read on the internet that If I go back to india the companies will try to get the help of the consulate in india and try to find me.
Will I be jailed? I do not plan to come to USA ever because I wont get the visa again. The copy of passport i submitted to the bank has my address backhome , will they come to me and chase me in india? The debt is not from 1 company but from different credit card companies. I know the credit card companies will sue me and give me the date to appear in the court, and if I miss attending the court ( since I will be in india) , will I be charged for failure to appear? will I be a criminal? Will I be jailed in india?
If I do not pay them will I be able to live peacefully in india without any problem? Will there be any restriction for travel if incase I want to travel to dubai or china or any random country other than north america? Once I reach india, should I call the creditors and ask them to reduce the debt and give me some more time so that i Can pay them back? I just dont want to be a criminal. and I fully understand it was all my mistake. Please help me out. should I file bankruptcy, how long will it take ? I have to leave next month.
im a resident of georgia and my age is 24 . Please Please give me a solution.
First off, take a deep breath. This can be solved without any need for suicide.
You have two options. One is to leave the country and go back to India and hope the debt doesn’t surface later.
The second and more preferable would be for you to go see a bankruptcy attorney right now and file bankruptcy to discharge this debt and close the door on it for good. Once you do that you will never have to worry about this debt again.
You can click here to find a local bankruptcy attorney and talk to them for free about your specific situation. Get the facts and then you can make an informed and educated decision if bankruptcy is right for you.
I understand the shame and embarrassment but Raj, you got played by a skilled con-artist. Look at it like this, it’s a lesson learned. I doubt you’ll ever make that mistake again.
Much of what you heard about being chased back home is just not true. Technically it might happen but the odds are that it won’t.
You would not be arrested and your U.S. debt would not limit you from travel or returning to the U.S. or anyplace else.
There just is absolutely no reason for you ever to consider suicide over this situation. It can be easily dealt with.
And if you do seriously decide to commit suicide over this you must first fly to Raleigh, North Carolina where I live so I can personally kick you in the ass for considering something so stupid.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
More Articles About Suicide
- Bankruptcy, Depression & Suicide. The Most Avoidable Tragedy.
- If I Kill Myself Will Sallie Mae Take My Life Insurance Money to Pay the Student Loans? – Sam
- I Want to Kill Myself Because of My Student Loans. I Dream of Dying.
- My Bipolar Boyfriend Killed Himself But Ran Up My Debt Before. – Bonnie
- I’ve Put My Gun in My Mouth Many Times to Deal With My Debt. – Matthew
- Is Suicide My Only Option to Get Out of Debt? – Raj
- My Husband Committed Suicide and Left Me With IRS Debt. – Kathy
- There is Life After Debt and It’s Awesome
- I’ll Be Committing Suicide Next Month Because of My Student Loans. – Bradley
- I Got Out of the Military, Went to Wyotech, and Now Want to Kill Myself Over Student Loans. – Dustin
- UK Woman Kills Self to Avoid Dealing With Debt Problems and Hidden Credit Card Debt
- Suicide Over Student Loans. Tragic But Understandable.
- Is Suicide an Option to Get Out of Student Loan Debt? – Michael
- I Know You’ll Give Me a Straight Forward Answer On How to Best Deal With Our Debt. – Raymond
- Mary Kay, Freelance Editing, And Working to Pay Student Loans But Feeling Like Suicide. – Briar
- I’m on SSDI. Can you guess what 99.999% of my bills are from? – B
- If I commit suicide will my next of kin have to pay my student loans?
- I’m So in Debt I’ve Lost the Joy of Being Alive. – Carol
- I Feel Like a Loser and Keep Trying to Kill Myself and Commit Suicide Because of My Debt. – Scott
- Easy Suicide Would Be a Way Out of My Debt. – Amy
- Debt With Dignity
- I Often Think About Suicide to Ease My Pain of Debt. – Pete
- I Am Desperate and Can’t Afford Bankruptcy. – Janie
- I’m Losing Control of My Sanity Because of My Debt. I’m Having Bad Thoughts. – Frank
- Suicide Rate Climbs in Tough Economic Times
- I Am Afraid My Brother is Considering Suicide as the Result of His Student Loan Debt. – Alex
- Emotional Problems from Debt Ruining Life. – John
- My Debt is Overwhelming and I’ve Had Some Very Dark Thoughts Lately. – Lee
- I’m Feeling Totally Helpless at the Moment. – Marc
- Husband and Wife Murder Suicide Over Debt. Facing Foreclosure.