Why is it that debt relief companies still do get they need to register in Connecticut before they offer services there. Yet another numb nuts has been nabbed by Connecticut on February 5, 2013.
1. Respondent is a Florida corporation having its principal place of business at 8050 SW 10th Street, Suite 1800, Plantation, Florida.
2. From at least October 1, 2009 to November 2010, Respondent engaged in debt negotiation of unsecured debt on behalf of at least thirty-two (32) Connecticut residents.
3. From at least October 2009 to November 2010, Respondent was paid fees in the amount of at least $82,923.69 by the Connecticut residents referred to in paragraph 2 above.
4. By letter dated October 31, 2011, the Division sent a letter to Respondent requesting, among other things, (1) a list of all Connecticut consumers who have received services or are represented by Respondent; (2) the name of the consumer(s); (3) the date of the contract and/or service agreement with a detailed description of the services offered or rendered; and (4) an itemization of any and all fees paid and/or due. Response to such letter was due no later than November 14, 2011.
5. By letter dated November 29, 2011, Respondent’s attorney responded to the October 31, 2011 letter stating that Respondent had ceased enrolling new Connecticut customers in October 2010, and has no plans on enrolling any new Connecticut residents into the program, provided a list of active and inactive customers and amount of fees paid, and stated that the process of refunding Connecticut consumers would take “less than twelve (12) months” and that Respondent would report the refunds to the Division on a monthly basis. To date, evidence of such repayments has not been received.
6. At no time relevant hereto has Respondent been licensed to engage in debt negotiation in this state, nor does Respondent qualify for an exemption from such licensure. – Source
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.
More Articles About National Credit Relief BureauNational Credit Relief Bureau - NCRB - Stupid in Connecticut by Steve Rhode