I tweeted your account on twitter also. My wife and I have a good amount of student loan debt. She registered with a site she found online “studentloanservice.us” they are associated with “COASTALCREDITSOLUTIONS.COM” I cannot find any information about them. She gave them all of our banking information and they are set to charge our account on friday.
What steps can I take to see if they are a real company and what do I do if they are not?
I’m not clear on what you mean by a real company.
My concern is twofold. First, I want to make sure you understand you can consolidate your federal student loans for free through the Department of Education website. You can also enroll the consolidated loan in a reduced payment plan for no charge as well.
Second, I’d be interested in reviewing the client agreement for you from the terribly generic named Student Loan Service company that they sent you. You can upload it to me here.
You might want to read Student Loan Assistance Rescue Scams On the Rise – Buyer Beware and the article I wrote about Student Loan Service.
I would recommend that anyone considering using such a company should read the following fee guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form. I’m happy to help you totally for free.
More Articles About Student Loan Service
- My Wife Signed Up With Student Loan Service.US and I’m Worried. – Michael
- Student Loan Service – Scam, Complaint, Review, or Praise?
- Student Loan Service in California is Selling Me Student Loan Help. Is This Legal? – Ryan