First of all, I want to say thank you for putting this site together. I hope God takes care of you and your family in the best way possible.
I’m not sure if this will lead to anything or not, but I’m hopeful. I’ve currently accumulated quite a bit of debt (more than I ever imagined I could). Almost $70K in credit card debt. I know its my fault including spending habits, but some things occurred in our lives that led to our situation. Including an adoption that didn’t work out.
My wife also reduced her income to stay at home with our current kids. I had also been laid off in the past. Anyway, I used my life savings (IRA) to pay off my credit card debt once, but then the taxes killed me on that more than I thought it would.
I thought we could handle it and my pay would catch up to, but it seems like a long road ahead. My job has turned for the good with income now approaching $140K, but we’re still struggling to “live a good life” and provide as much as we can for our kids.
My credit rating is solid and have never missed any house payments (even re-financed last year to a 15-year loan, down from 22 years remaining). So I was hoping to get a debt consolidation loan to help offset the interest that I pay ever year. I know the biggest thing that would help is if my wife went back to work, but that’s something she hasn’t been making traction on.
MY QUESTION: Is Consult America legit? They seemed all nice on the my first phone call with them today, but I have not yet provided any of my credit card info that they requested. BBB does not list them and that worries me. I’ve seen many of the scams before, and don’t want to go down the Debt Settlement or Bankruptcy path unless that makes sense. Or am I better off looking at your recommendation of “LendingClub”?
Your answer would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and god bless,
More Articles About Consult America
- Consult America Decides Credit Card Modification is New Name for Debt Settlement
- I Can’t Get Any Information About Consult America. – Alfred
- Consult America – Consumer Complaint – March 25, 2013
- Reader Got Mailer from US Mortgage Corporation That Led to Consult America
- Is Consult America Legit?
- Is Consult America And Credit Advocates Law Firm My Best Solution? – Robin
- Consult America – Scam, Complaint, Review, or Praise?
- What Can You Tell Me About Pro Tax Relief in Alabama?
- Who Really is Consult America?
If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form. I’m happy to help you totally for free.Is Consult America Legit? by Steve Rhode