Four student loan accounts are coming up as negative on my credit report.
- They are deferred until 06/2014
- They show no amount past due
- They show no “Date Major Delinquency First Reported”
- Under “Date of First Delinquency: N/A
- Two were opened on 6/15/2005
- Two were opened on 3/10/2006
- Under the 81 month repayment history of all four accounts it shows Feb (90) Mar (120) Apr (120), all from the year 2007.
My question is, are the accounts considered negative because of the three month span of late payments, or can deferring payments cause a student loan account to be considered negative? I have technically held the status of “pays as agreed” since May of 2007, so when will these accounts be considered just “installment” rather than “negative” accounts?
If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form. I’m happy to help you totally for free.My Deferred Student Loans Show Up as Bad Marks on My Credit Report. - Crystal by Steve Rhode