Currently have $35000 in credit card debt. Unable to get a loan because debt ratio. Consult America has offered a credit card rate reduction program which will reduce my monthly payment from ~$900 per month to $670/month for a period of 36 months. They say my total debt wiil be reduced by $10,900.
Does this seem ok? Haven’t been able to get any concrete informatiormation on this company.
Let’s put this into context.
When a debt settlement company says they will lower your payment that is an arbitrary figure. It does not lean your creditors have a greed to it.
If you’d like me to review the Consult America agreement for you, you can upload it to me here.
Before we even begin to assume that a debt settlement strategy is right for you I’d suggest you first read How to Get Out of Debt. The Honest and Unvarnished Truth, How Do I Get Out of Debt Quickly? Change Your Mindset, and The Truth About The Success Rates, Failure Rates and Completion Rates of Credit Counseling, Debt Settlement, and Bankruptcy. They will give you a great overview of what we need to deal with to get you moving in the right direction.
Then use the free How to Get Out of Debt Calculator to review your options.
Once you’ve identified a company you want to work with, then follow my step-by-step guide on what you should look for and expect from a good debt relief company.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
More Articles About Consult America
- Consult America Decides Credit Card Modification is New Name for Debt Settlement
- I Can’t Get Any Information About Consult America. – Alfred
- Consult America – Consumer Complaint – March 25, 2013
- Reader Got Mailer from US Mortgage Corporation That Led to Consult America
- Is Consult America Legit?
- Is Consult America And Credit Advocates Law Firm My Best Solution? – Robin
- Consult America – Scam, Complaint, Review, or Praise?
- What Can You Tell Me About Pro Tax Relief in Alabama?
- Who Really is Consult America?