A big hat tip to the folks at Collections & Credit Risk for posting a breakdown of the CFPB October data on debt collection complaints.
According to the October data the debt collection complaints fell out like this:
- 485 (40.9%) continued attempts to collect debt not owed
- 244 (20.6%) communication tactics
- 233 (19.6%) disclosure verification of debt
- 82 (6.9%) false statements or representation
- 80 (6.7%) improper contact or sharing of info
- 62 (5.2%) taking/threatening an illegal action
You can read their full article here.
Debt Collection Complaints Latest Data by Steve Rhode
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.