Category Archives: Debt Settlement Related
- J. Hass Group Goes Missing. Offices Cleaned Out.
Thanks to a reader who alerted me to a story out of Arizona, the J. Hass Group, operating out of Scottsdale, Arizona has gone missing. According to a local television station, teacher Patricia Aker heard a radio commercial for J. Hass Group and was told that for a $4,200 fee, the J. Hass Group could [...]
- Cockburn & Associate Said to Have Purchased Silverthorn & Lupolover Debt Settlement Clients and Practice
A commenter offered the following information regarding an email they recently received as a Silverthorn & Lupolover debt settlement client: “The Law Office of Cockburn & Associate, LLP is pleased to announce the acquisition of Silverthorn & Lupolover Lawyers, LLP. This comes as Mark Silverthorn explores alternate avenues within the practice of law. Shelia A. [...]
- Canada BBB Debt Settlement Warning Both Helps and Hurts Consumers
I’m at odds about some of these blanket warnings to consumers about debt settlement. This time it is from the BBB out of Canada. I completely understand that there have been and still are some debt settlement companies that take advantage of consumers with bad advice and front-loaded fees. Those warnings need to get out [...]
- Lloyd Ward Accused of of Gross Legal Malpractice by The Debt Answer and ABC Debt Relief: Update to Most Bizarre Debt Relief Suit of the Year
Not that long ago I published a story about the most bizarre debt relief lawsuit of the year where Lloyd Regner and The Debt Answer, among others, were suing his ex-partner Kevin Devoto and Dallas attorney Lloyd Ward. A tipster (send in your tips here) sent in a copy of a newly filed amended complaint [...]
- World Law Debt Allegedly Sends Mailer That Leads to This Horrible Sales Call and Apple Law Group. Listen.
A reader received the following mailer and was concerned about the promises made. You know, at some point, after years of covering these things it feels like it will never end. It’s just one deceptive and misleading mailer sent after another. I begrudgingly picked up the phone and called the number on the “Resolution Pending” [...]
- Reader Sends in Deceptive Debt Relief Official Looking Mailer That Leads to World Law Group
Apparently the use of deceptive marketing mailers is still ongoing. A reader just sent in a copy of a mailer they received recently that appears to be an official government looking document promising some sort of official government debt relief. The reader also said, the mailer does not identify the company. Notice it has a [...]
- Alleged Former Employee Speaks Out About Rescue One Financial Loan Offers
A reader sent me a letter. Yes, one of those things that is printed on paper. In this letter the reader says they worked for Rescue One Financial and wanted to share information. The allegations made by the reader are disturbing. And if true, in my opinion, would paint a picture of premeditated deception on [...]
- Reader Contributes Post About August Belmont & Company, The Paul A. Herman Law Firm & Defense Lawyers
I received the following post from a reader. The reader said, “Attached, please find a long detailed letter I researched & wrote, which I hope you and your readers will find helpful regarding two companies, August Belmont Company / The Paul A. Herman Law Firm & Defense Lawyers, P.A. (both in Boca Raton, FL) in [...]
- AFCC Member 1st Financial Center Allegedly Sends Out Deceptive Advertisement. Consumer Calls AFCC Mailer Misleading.
A reader just sent me a tip about a mailer they just received. The reader said, “Just wanted to forward you the attached mailing I received from American Fair Credit Council that I found to be appallingly misleading.” The message really caught my eye. For those of us familiar with the American Fair Credit Counsel [...]
- Listen as Tough as Nails Consumer Dishes It Out to Legal Helpers Debt Resolution Supervisor
A reader and tipster (send in your tips here) sent me in a number of recorded calls with LHDR and information of her attempt to hunt down the Irvine office. She said: “I have reported LHDR to BBB and attorney general in California, Colorado and Illinois. I happened to be visiting in California – so [...]
- Lloyd Ward & Associates and Meracord Hit With RICO Class Action Suit Apparently Open to All Clients
Yesterday the law firm of Hagens Berman filed a class action suit (3:12-cv-05657) in the State of Washington against Meracord (Formerly NoteWorld), Linda Remsberg personally, Lloyd E. Ward, Lloyd Ward PC, Lloyd Ward & Associates, The Lloyd Ward Group, Lloyd Ward Group II, Ward Holdings Inc, and Settlement Compliance Commission. This marks the second active [...]
- Debt Settlement Myth #6: It’s Safe To Take 36-48 Months To Settle My Debts
This is the sixth in a series of posts discussing the most common myths about do-it-yourself debt settlement. Most traditional debt settlement firms are still quoting program durations of 36-48 months, sometimes longer, and clients are led to believe that it’s safe to take that long. By “safe,” I mean a low risk of lawsuit [...]
- Illinois Calls Legal Helpers Debt Resolution a Scam, Yet Again. This Time Announcing Settlement.
Well I supposed you have to give props to Legal Helpers Debt Resolution for settling their conflict with the State of Illinois and the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. The State was direct in their continued criticism of the Legal Helpers Debt Resolution legal model for debt settlement. “This company was fronting as [...]
- The Debt Answer Clients Now Being Serviced by The Lloyd Ward Law Firm? What Does That Mean?
A commenter stated, “if you go to www.thedebtanswer.com and call 866 446 0969 the message says the debt answer is now part of lloyd ward.” There has been much confusion lately who actually owns the clients from the debt settlement company The Debt Answer or attorney Lloyd Ward. The public fighting back and forth has [...]
- More Emails Sent in Lloyd Ward v. The Debt Answer Debacle. Tipster Speaks Out.
Thanks to some totally awesome readers I now have copies of some additional emails that are being sent from Lloyd Ward & Associates and The Debt Answer to pick which company might have the rightful owner of the debt settlement clients in limbo. You can read more about this mess, here. As I said in [...]