Category Archives: Ireland
- Irish Mortgage Holders Organisation Hopes to Mirror U.S. Credit Counseling?
A recent article in in the Irish publication Kiklenny People talked about a new Republic of Ireland charity, Irish Mortgage Holders Organisation. The group, founded by David Hall, a man with a long line of charitable endeavors, including an ambulance service and Make-A-Wish group, aims to provide better assistance for Irish consumers facing mortgage problems. [...]
- Living in Republic of Ireland and Struggling to Make Property Payments. Will We Lose Our UK Property?
“Dear Jon, I lived in the Republic of ireland from 2000-2008. My husband and I purchased a property there in 2005. We are struggling to make the payments on this property as we have since bought a house in northern Ireland (where we have lived since 2008). My question is if we were to foreclose [...]
- Republic of Ireland Comes to Its Senses On Irish Debt Relief
The Republic of Ireland is finally rolling out meaningful assistance for debtors in Ireland with a couple of new plans. Frankly this should have rolled out in 2005 when I was there trying to get meaningful debt help for consumers in Ireland. Regardless,the Irish papers are now reporting progress made. “The new Personal Insolvency Bill [...]
- Owe Debt in Ireland and Need to Go Bankrupt. Now There is a Way With the Help of IrishBankruptcyUK.com
Ireland has always been a debt perplexity. They’ve never really had a good way of dealing with past due debt and allow people to get a fresh start. When I was over in the UK for two years I spent quite a bit of time working on the problem or debt in the Republic of [...]
- Ireland on the Verge of Joining the Modern World and Proposes to Stop Throwing People in Jail for Debt
In 2007-2008 I spent a lot of time in Dublin, Ireland helping groups try to put forward reasonable solutions for consumer debt. The reality was Ireland had no bankruptcy law so people were getting tossed in jail, a real modern debtors’ prison situation. I worked on developing the first attempts to help the court understand [...]
- No Personal Bankruptcy in Ireland, Jail Instead, But That Might be Changing
A few years ago I spent a lot of time in Dublin, Ireland working to put together a way to help people with bad debts to overcome their financial problems that did not result in them going to jail for consumer debts. As hard as it is to believe, the consumer bankruptcy process in the [...]