Monthly Archives: April, 2012
- It’s Chapter 7 Bankruptcy for Octomom. Nadya Suleman Files for Bankruptcy Fresh Start.
Word is that Octomom, Nayda Suleman has filed for bankruptcy protection today. The court documents were not available at the time of this post. But it is reported her filing listed $50,000 in assets against up to $1 million in debt. She gave it a good try to make ends meet but in the end [...]
- Debt Validation Finally Defined. What You Should Ask a Collector or Creditor for to Validate a Debt.
So much stuff has been written advising people to get their debts validated. I’ve asked professionals and lawyers all over for a definition of what this actually means and until now, nobody really knew. Was validation of a debt achieved if the lender simply acknowledged an account was present or did it require documentation of [...]
- If Breakout Incomes is a Scam Then What Can I Do From Home Online to Make Money? – Brandon
“Dear Steve, Ive been out of work the past 2 years and was looking for online work. One that really works! I was looking at Breakout Incomes and it didn’t sound too legitimate after reading your review. So Im here now asking you what does work? Im sick of being broke, stressed i cant make [...]
- Do You Have a Will? If Not, It’s Time For You to Write Your Will.
It’s a subject that none of us want to think about. Whether we’re young and just starting life or older and approaching the end, we don’t want to think about our own death. And, adding money to the mix only makes it worse. But, the truth is that all adults need to think about what [...]
- Should I Be Worried SC Law Group Has My Information?
“Dear Steve, I saw your postings regarding SC Law Group and was curious. The person I talked to over the phone seems knowledgeable of mortgage modification. I have provided them info regarding my financial documents (bank statements, mortgage statements, and employer pay stubs). I needed to pay an upfront fee (several thousand) for the loan [...]
- I Can’t Afford to Keep Up With My Bankruptcy Chapter 13 Payment. – Tomasa
“Dear Steve, ON JAN 2001 I FILE CHAPTER 13 AND I STARTED MAKING MAKING ON IT ON FEB 2011. ON NOV 2011 I HAVE TO QUITE MY JOB BECAUSE OF MEDICAL REASONS. SO I CALL THE BANKRUPTCY OFFICE AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD WORK WITH ME, SO THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD [...]
- What is the Best Way to Stay in Our Home; Foreclosure or Short Sale? – Marc
“Dear Andy, We (my wife and I) have been in our home for 7 years. We are current on our payments on both our first Loan of +/- $370k (5 year ARM tied to LIBOR) and our Second loan of +/- $75k with Citibank. We paid $499k for our home with only $15k down. Our [...]
- Settlement Reached in The Mortgage Law Group and Underwater Property Solutions Suit by Arizona AG
Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne has reached a settlement with Underwater Property Solutions, LLC (“UPS”), a Scottsdale, Arizona based mortgage loan modification service company that the State accused, in a consumer fraud lawsuit, of participating in a deceptive scheme designed to collect advance fees from consumers looking for assistance in obtaining mortgage loan modifications. In [...]
- Realty Law Center / Attorney Bruce Weiner – Consumer Complaint – 4-30-2012
Date This Problem Happened: May 15, 2011 State You Live in: Massachusetts Race/Ethnicity: White Age Range: 51-65 Total Amount of Fee Paid: $3,400 Company Name: Realty Law Center / Attorney Bruce Weiner Company Address: 6B Liberty Street Suite 215 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 Company Telephone Number: 800-965-9296 Website of Company: RealtyLawCenter.com allstatelawfirm.com Consumer Statement: All [...]
- My Credit Report Says I Owe a Loan My Ex-Husband Was Supposed to Pay. – Theresa
“Dear Steve, Divorced in October 1997. Remarried May 1999 to current husband. We bought a house in June 2011 in another state. I divorced my ex-husband October 1997. The judge court ordered, in the paperwork, that he would be responsible for the trailer that we bought together 1996, including payments and all paperwork. After the [...]
- My Credit is Ruined and I Just Got Laid Off. How Can I Improve My Credit Once I Get a Job? – Tina
I recently got laid off and I have a lot of credit cards and other bills that I can’t pay. I have no savings and I recently checked my credit score and it’s already being ruined. I’m afraid if I don’t get a job soon I’m never going to get out of debt or save [...]
- Can the Farrell Law Group Collect on My American Web Loan Account? – Tammy
I got a loan from American Web Loan and I though I paid this back in the amount of 360.00.Then I received a call from Eric at The Farrell Laws Group LLC at Po Box 32274 Kansas City Missouri 64171 Who says American Web Loan turned it over to them and they want me to [...]
- Is Cronauer Law Center a Scam? – Nancy
“Dear Steve, I am looking for a good place to get my loan modification done Is Cronauer Law Center a scam? They are asking me for $5000 up front to pay for loan modification services. I can’t find much information except their website. Nancy” Don’t miss our free Get Out of Debt – “How To” [...]
- Can I File a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy on My Sallie Mae Student Loans? – Stephanie
“Dear Steve, I have 150K in student loans from Sallie Mae. I borrowed only 100, but 50K is interest. My current loan payment every month is 1000.00 and that is JUST interest. I have called and called them to try and get a lower monthly payment, and the only thing they will do for me [...]
- Can I Get My Student Loan Debt Forgiven Because I Lived in a Poor Section of Brazil? – Kelly
“Dear Steve, I am an American born citizen but my retired father raised me partly in a poor section of Brazil. 18 years to be exact. I am now 34 and have a student debt of 10500.00 dollars. I heard of a policy that forgives those who worked full time for ten years in a [...]