Date Received: 2017-06-15T00:00:00
Product: Other debt
Issue: Written notification about debt
Consumer Consent Provided to Share Complaint: Consent provided
Consumer Complaint: Trident Asset Management is r eporting a XXXX colle ction accounts on my credit reports with multiple errors that are a violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and needs to be deleted.
Account Numbers : XXXX and XXXX 1. On XXXX they are listing the account type as ” open ” when it should be a collection.
2. On XXXX , they are reporting an address of XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX , XXXX , GA XXXX when that address is no where on their website o r BBB profil e. How can they have different address on each report? XXXX shows the address of XXXX XXXX XXXX , XXXX , GA XXXX which is on their website.
3.They never sent me proof they are able to collect this debt, such as a bill of sale, or any letters from the XXXX or XXXX XXXX XXXX saying they can collect this debt.
4. On XXXX they have their name as TridentAsset.com but on XXXX they list Trident Asset Management. How can they have XXXX different names on XXXX different reports.
Company: Trident Asset Management, L.L.C.
State/Zip: NJ 077XX
Company Response to Complaint: Closed with explanation
Was Company Response Timely: Yes
Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: N/A
Complaint ID: 2551162
The above data is from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Keep in mind that every company will get a complaint from time-to-time, even the great ones. But there are a few key data points that will give you an idea about how well the company values their customers and handles consumer issues.
Look at the item Company Response to Complaint: and Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: to get a better idea of how this was resolved. And the field Consumer Complaint: can give you some context of the issue.
In particular what you are looking for was that the company response was timely and that the consumer did not dispute it. The posting of complaints has proven to be a valuable resource for both companies and consumers.
- Three Operators of Financial Services Firm Charged and Arrested in Alleged $155 Million Investment Fraud Scheme - September 17, 2021
- Better Path Financial– Scam, Complaint, Review, Or Praise? - August 25, 2021
- Who Actually Got Covid Forbearance Relief - August 2, 2021