Date Received: 2017-12-15
Product: Medical debt
Issue: Attempts to collect debt not owed
Consumer Consent Provided to Share Complaint: Consent provided
Consumer Complaint: 1. Medical expenses incurred when a driver XXXX XXXX as a pedestrian while visiting XXXX.
2. Ambulance bill went into default while waiting for Driver ‘s Insurance, which had responsibility for payment, to complete payment.
3. Bill paid on XX/XX/XXXX.
4. XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX repeatedly called to collect payment XX/XX/XXXX, XX/XX/XXXX, XX/XX/XXXX. Each time I told them the payment had been made.
5. On XX/XX/XXXXXX/XX/XXXXin a phone conversation with the Debt Collectors, the put me on hold to verify that the payment had been made. The woman then informed me that indeed the payment was cleared and they would no longer call me.
6. OnXX/XX/XXXX, they called again asking for the money and claimed that they can not verify if the money has been paid. They insisted that I send them, via mail, proof.
They have no right to contact me. They do not keep accurate debt information. They refuse to stop harassing me or check if the debt was paid.
Company: Arnold Scott Harris, P.C.
State/Zip: GA 306XX
Company Response to Complaint: Closed with explanation
Was Company Response Timely: Yes
Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: N/A
Complaint ID: 2756342
The above data is from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Keep in mind that every company will get a complaint from time-to-time, even the great ones. But there are a few key data points that will give you an idea about how well the company values their customers and handles consumer issues.
Look at the item Company Response to Complaint: and Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: to get a better idea of how this was resolved. And the field Consumer Complaint: can give you some context of the issue.
In particular what you are looking for was that the company response was timely and that the consumer did not dispute it. The posting of complaints has proven to be a valuable resource for both companies and consumers.
- Three Operators of Financial Services Firm Charged and Arrested in Alleged $155 Million Investment Fraud Scheme - September 17, 2021
- Better Path Financial– Scam, Complaint, Review, Or Praise? - August 25, 2021
- Who Actually Got Covid Forbearance Relief - August 2, 2021