Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Student Loans

I Can’t Get My Rehabilitation Request Processed and Need to Find a Student Loan Attorney

Written by Steve Rhode


Dear Steve,

Received a statement from the IRS saying THEY goofed, misapplied some payments, and now I owe money–plus interest penalties! For THEIR mistake? Ridiculous.

Also, the federal loan rehab application that I have fedexed, faxed and sent via certified mail with confirmation of receipt each time is being ignored.

Can you recommend a federal loan savvy lawyer in Seattle who also knows tax law? As soon as possible, please–I also just got laid off from my job. 🙁



Dear K,

It is no surprise your loan servicer is not handling the loan rehabilitation request in an efficient manner. Sloppiness seems to be the standard these days.

I have no idea of someone in Seattle who is both a “savvy” student loan attorney and a tax lawyer. That’s an unusual combination.

While I do publish a list of student loan attorneys I don’t have anyone from the State of Washington.

Another place to look for a student loan attorney would be here or here.


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

See also  Can You Tell Me the Truth About Stopping My Student Loan Wage Garnishment?

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

1 Comment

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top