Date Received: 2018-05-10
Product: I do not know
Issue: Took or threatened to take negative or legal action
Consumer Consent Provided to Share Complaint: Consent provided
Consumer Complaint: 1. USAA is attempting to enforce a lien on a debt that they accelerated and cancelled. They are actively foreclosing on my home on the cancelled debt. I submitted a complaint to the CFPB, and they asked for 60 days to investigate. My home would be foreclosed by the end of that 60 days, so they are dual tracking which is not in compliance with the DOJ.
2. They transferred the servicing of this loan to XXXX, giving the impression that they are the primary lien holder and giving the impression that the debt is valid. I submitted another complaint on both XXXX and USAA for this action for trying to collect a cancelled debt. My court date for the foreclosure is still set for XX/XX/XXXX, while both servicers still contend to the CFPB that they need time to investigate my complaints. Once again, I am in jeopardy of losing my home before that time expires.
3. XXXX has just attempted a practice that you just recently imposed a $ XXXX for. They have threatened to impose forced place insurance on my home, add that expense to the canceled debt which is not valid, and I have an active and current policy.
I have uploaded XXXX letter, a copy of my policy, and a statement showing that my policy is current.
Company: UNITED SERVICES AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION
State/Zip: NC 277XX
Company Response to Complaint: Closed with explanation
Was Company Response Timely: Yes
Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: N/A
Complaint ID: 2902594
The above data is from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Keep in mind that every company will get a complaint from time-to-time, even the great ones. But there are a few key data points that will give you an idea about how well the company values their customers and handles consumer issues.
Look at the item Company Response to Complaint: and Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: to get a better idea of how this was resolved. And the field Consumer Complaint: can give you some context of the issue.
In particular what you are looking for was that the company response was timely and that the consumer did not dispute it. The posting of complaints has proven to be a valuable resource for both companies and consumers.
- Three Operators of Financial Services Firm Charged and Arrested in Alleged $155 Million Investment Fraud Scheme - September 17, 2021
- Better Path Financial– Scam, Complaint, Review, Or Praise? - August 25, 2021
- Who Actually Got Covid Forbearance Relief - August 2, 2021