Date Received: 2018-09-01
Product: Mortgage debt
Issue: Written notification about debt
Consumer Consent Provided to Share Complaint: Consent provided
Consumer Complaint: XX/XX/XXXX Certified Mail No : XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX Consumer Financial Protection Bureau XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX, IA XXXX XXXX XXXX, GA XXXX Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc XXXXXXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX, UT XXXX XXXX : NOTICE OF VALIDATION OF ALLEGED DEBT Your File : XXXX Loan No : XXXX Borrower Name : XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX Address : XXXX XXXX XXXX, XXXX, GA XXXX Dear Sir, This letter dated XX/XX/XXXX is to notify you, your firm and the mortgage company claiming ownership of this alleged loan and note, that I am exercising my rights under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act as codified at 15 USC 1692, which stipulates that a debt collector must, if requested, provide validation of the alleged debt, i.e. validate the debt, per The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, FDCPA. The debt collector ( Foreclosure Attorney, Bank, Alleged Lender ) is mandated under FDCPA to cease and desist ALL collection activity until validation of the original note is provided.
This letter requests VALIDATION of the alleged debt accompanied by an Affidavit from the Alleged Lender.
Please provide the following : 1. Copy of the original alleged note accompanied by an AFFIDAVIT from the alleged Lender 2. Identify to what the alleged debt pertains.
3. Provide details how the alleged debt was calculated.
( XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX, XXXX XXXX XXXX and XXXX XXXX, XXXX, XXXX XXXX XXXX, XX/XX/XXXX.
4. Provide Regulation Z, and Notice of Right to Cancel ( Truth in Lending Act ) 5. Provide copies of any papers that show that I agreed to pay the alleged debt.
6. Identify the original creditor.
7. Provide the agreement between the creditor and your firm which authorizes you to collect funds ( without a contract, your firm has no right to foreclose ).
8. Provide evidence that the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account.
9. Provide evidence that you are licensed to collect in my state.
10. Provide your license numbers and the Alleged Lender ‘s Registered Agent.
Please provide the above information within five ( 5 ) business days from the postmark date to : XXXX XXXX, XXXX XXXX XXXX, XXXX XXXX XXXX Sincerely, XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX, XXXX XXXX
Company: SELECT PORTFOLIO SERVICING, INC.
State/Zip: GA 30214
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.
Company Response to Complaint: Closed with explanation
Was Company Response Timely: Yes
Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: N/A
Complaint ID: 3007761
The above data is from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Keep in mind that every company will get a complaint from time-to-time, even the great ones. But there are a few key data points that will give you an idea about how well the company values their customers and handles consumer issues.
Look at the item Company Response to Complaint: and Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: to get a better idea of how this was resolved. And the field Consumer Complaint: can give you some context of the issue.
In particular what you are looking for was that the company response was timely and that the consumer did not dispute it. The posting of complaints has proven to be a valuable resource for both companies and consumers.
- Two Arrested in Los Angeles for Their Roles in Hospice Fraud Conspiracy - December 3, 2021
- Three Operators of Financial Services Firm Charged and Arrested in Alleged $155 Million Investment Fraud Scheme - September 17, 2021
- Better Path Financial– Scam, Complaint, Review, Or Praise? - August 25, 2021