Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts International Debt

I Let a Friend Borrow 13,000 Dirhams and I Want it Back Before He Leaves the Country. – Sarah

“Dear Steve,

hi, i lend a money to my friend for like 6 months that reach about 13,000 dirhams. a few weeks ago i heard that he is going to have his annual vacation. that makes me a bot worried. coz there are rumors that he might not come back after his leave. so i talked to him and asked him to pay me. but he told me he would pay after he gets back. i couldnt agree with that because i think he is not really coming back. so i asked him to pay me at the end of december. his leave would be on the 1st of january. i also prepared an agreement saying that he’ll pay me in full on dec 27. which he signed.

Can i ban him to travel outside UAE until i get all my money back? and what guarantee can i get from the agreement he signed? can i make some legal action if he didnt pay me? thank you


Dear Sarah,

I’m assuming you are in the United Arab Emirates. I am not aware of any action you can take until he defaults on his payment. Please talk to the police or local attorney about the procedure for filing a complaint for non-payment.

You might want to ask him for a check dated on 27th so you can attempt to deposit it before he leaves the country.

Please update me on your progress by posting updates here in the comments section of your question. I’m very interested in how this works out for you.


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

P.S. Be sure to read ‘The Secret of Surviving Through Difficult Economic Times. What I Learned On My Journey‘.

READ  Will I Really be Deported Because of My Debts From the UAE?

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top