Date Received: 2018-10-14T00:00:00
Product: Federal student loan servicing
Issue: Dealing with your lender or servicer
Consumer Consent Provided to Share Complaint: Consent provided
Consumer Complaint: I have been trying to recertify my income based repayment plan for 4 months now. I call twice a month and talk to customer service. I have been told : this is with XXXX XXXX 1. I didnt qualify because I made too much even though I submitted through Dept of Ed and my other servicer Aspire said I did qualify w the same information.
2. I submitted the paperwork twice because they said I didnt submit correctly. Again my other servicer accepted the same information as acceptable.
3. I paid their XXXX dollar processing fee twice because their system did not recognize I had already done so. Last time I called I was told that they made a mistake and still havent processed my requests.
3. I was told I would have an administrative forebearance while they fix their mistake. My amounts are still accruing and I am in jeopardy of credit reporting.
4. Every time I have called the service rep says they will work on it and I have not yet seen any movement.
5. They XXXX XXXX my public loan forgiveness application and I had to call twice to get them to notice they read the dates wrong.
State/Zip: MT 598XX
Company Response to Complaint: Closed with explanation
Was Company Response Timely: Yes
Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: N/A
Complaint ID: 3045611
The above data is from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Keep in mind that every company will get a complaint from time-to-time, even the great ones. But there are a few key data points that will give you an idea about how well the company values their customers and handles consumer issues.
Look at the item Company Response to Complaint: and Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: to get a better idea of how this was resolved. And the field Consumer Complaint: can give you some context of the issue.
In particular what you are looking for was that the company response was timely and that the consumer did not dispute it. The posting of complaints has proven to be a valuable resource for both companies and consumers.