Date Received: 2018-11-17T00:00:00.000
Product: Credit card debt
Issue: False statements or representation
Consumer Consent Provided to Share Complaint: Consent provided
Consumer Complaint: 1. I attest that I am XXXX XXXX writing this alone from research I have done online.
2. This complaint is based on METRO2, XXXX, and Consumer Reporting Resource Guide reporting standards, and specifically how XXXX, XXXX, and XXXX are reporting harmful information supplied by XXXX XXXX.
3. XXXX XXXX is a debt collector by file standards. Laws prohibit DC ‘s to report debt collection efforts as Credit Grantor Tradelines, as they can not extend credit to me, or any other individual.
4. Metro2 file Specifications, indicate that they can ONLY report a COLLECTION/RC/Factoring Account Type, that is either in a PAID or IUnpaid Collection pay status.
Account Type Codes 48 Collection Agency/Attorney 77 Returned Check 0C Factoring Company Account ( includes Debt Purchasers ) 5. All other report attributes are intended to be used by Credit Grantors, who enter into a contract for payments and then to report such payment history. Thus I have been denied credit several times and the creditor attributes this Debt Collection Account from Midland as being recently past due, however past due is reserved for credit grantors.
6. In XXXX Credit Report, The XXXX XXXX account is designated as a ” Open/Installment/Revolving – Other ACCOUNT TYPE and can not beas this is not standard. Also other irregularities are ” Terms 1 month ” and A payment account history from XXXX XXXX with high balances reported, scheduled payments reported, with fictitious balances. A copy of these irregularities is attched, XXXX Report number XXXX, pulled XX/XX/XXXX.
7. In XXXX Credit Report, XXXX XXXX reports as an ” Other ” account instead of the designated Collection Account, and can not according to Metro2 – as this data is not expected to be sent by a debt collector on this industry standard file. Which leads to other irregularities on file from misreporting such as a debt to credit ratio of 100 %, Midland is not a creditor. Also reports as a Loan, and as Retial Creditor classification, and reports an amount Past due. All of this reporting is not to industry standards and has negatively affected my credit and ability to seek credit. This is from XXXX Report # XXXX Date XX/XX/XXXX 8. In XXXX Report, The XXXX XXXX account is designated as a ” Open/Installment/Revolving – Other ACCOUNT TYPE and can not beas this is not standard. This debt collector continually reports to XXXX ” Opening ” the account and closing the account for past several months since I started disputing this information.
The following : INFORMATION ONLY FROM METRO2 — -. The following fields are not applicable and may be blank- or zero-filled : Credit Limit Terms Frequency Scheduled Monthly Payment Amount Payment Rating Original Charge-off Amount To be brief this is only the beginning of my complaints against this debt collector.
Company: ENCORE CAPITAL GROUP INC.
State/Zip: HI 968XX
Company Response to Complaint: Closed with explanation
Was Company Response Timely: Yes
Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: N/A
Complaint ID: 3076980
The above data is from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Keep in mind that every company will get a complaint from time-to-time, even the great ones. But there are a few key data points that will give you an idea about how well the company values their customers and handles consumer issues.
Look at the item Company Response to Complaint: and Did Consumer Dispute Company Response: to get a better idea of how this was resolved. And the field Consumer Complaint: can give you some context of the issue.
In particular what you are looking for was that the company response was timely and that the consumer did not dispute it. The posting of complaints has proven to be a valuable resource for both companies and consumers.