A reader sent in a mailer they received that appears to have their name and address handwritten on the envelope.
The envelope says it was sent from an unnamed entity at 231 S. Bemiston Ave, Suite 850 #49945, Saint Louis, MO 63105.
The mailer wants to appear to be an email from Mike Allen to Anna Smith. Mike is apparently worked into a lather that someone needs to reach out personally to this consumer. I call bullshit.
Some red flags for me are the results of searching the telephone number 866-222-2957, no company name given, and the address is unable to be confirmed as belonging to any specific entity.
I would recommend that anyone considering using such a company should read the following free guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
- Strategic Financial Solutions and Ryan Sasson Stumble and Get Pounded - February 13, 2024
- These Emotions Stop You From Getting Out of Debt - January 11, 2024
- 16 Common Myths About Getting Out of Debt That Everyone Gets Wrong - January 8, 2024