A reader sent me a mailer for a company called Ballast Associates who is offering a debt consolidation loan. Their website, ballastassociates.com, was registered just 90 days ago at the time of this posting.
My, I Buy Junk Mail program turns up some interesting marketing information people are getting.
According to the mailer and their website, the company is at PO Box 7475, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302. The mailer came from Postal Permit 1908 in California. That’s a postal permit that has sent out some interesting material in the past.
The fake check in the mailer was accompanied by the following marketing information.
Now here is an interesting observation, while the company says they are located in Michigan, the State of Michigan says there is no company registered to do business in the state under the name Ballast Associates.
Forget the offer and what it says or if it’s a realistic offer. I would urge anyone who receives this offer to do your own homework, ask questions and check out the company yourself.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
- Litigation Practice Group Lawsuit by Business Partner All Service Financial – We Want Our Money - January 24, 2023
- HomeAdvisor and Angi to Pay Up To $7.2 Million and Stop Deceptively Marketing its Leads for Home Improvement Projects - January 23, 2023
- FTC Order Requires LasikPlus to Pay for its Bait-and-Switch Eye Surgery Ads - January 20, 2023