Here is another example of a mailer a fantastic reader received that says it is for a “pre-approved” debt consolidation loan. The mailer even gives a rate example.
But is this really a loan offer from Dutchess partners? You decide.
When a mailer says “We are writing to notify you that you have been pre-approved for a Debt Consolidation Loan of up to $35,500, at a rate as low as 3.94%.” can you trust that statement?
It is interesting to me that while part of the mailer says interest rates are as low as 3.94% the next page says it is the “Average Interest Rate.” I call BS. And it was that little issue that made me want to know more.
A look at the Dutchess Partners website disclosure page says Dutchess Partners is in fact not a lender.
Dutchess Partners says they are located at 2420 17th Street, 3rd Floor, Denver, CO 80202. That address appears to be a virtual office at WeWork.
The State of Colorado does not have a company registered under the name Dutchess partners.
If you get a mailer like the one shown above, do your own research and make sure you understand exactly what the offer is for and who you may be giving your personal information to.
I would recommend that anyone considering using such a company should read the following free guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
- In 2022, Should You Rent or Buy a Home - May 15, 2022
- How Much Credit Card Debt Should I Carry to Not Harm My Credit Score? - May 12, 2022
- CFPB Nails Debt Relief Payment Company RAM and Others - May 11, 2022