Just signed up with Consumer Law Group on Tuesday and was informed about their negative BBB results today.
My first payment is due to be withdrawn on November 20. How do I cancel my contract with them? Do I call or write a letter? Where do I send it if so?
Please help before the 1st payment is processed. Also should I do a stop payment at my bank? I thought they were reputable because I went through CareOne financial.
How do I get out of this and the proper legal steps I can take towards that end.
It seems clear you were attracted to the entities you were working with when you first lept. Maybe the most important question is if you did some homework and background checking before you signed the client agreement?
If you didn’t, do your homework to be able to make an informed decision, before you leap the other way, you should.
I would recommend that anyone considering using such a company should read the following free guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
There is no information in your question to be able to determine if the debt settlement approach you are opting for even makes the most sense for you given your situation.
There are a lot of important factors that should go into the choice of option to deal with your debt. For example, are you saving money? Do you have an emergency fund? Are you saving for retirement? Can you afford to dig your way out of debt if it is going to cause you to lose saving for retirement?
If you do some homework, become a more informed consumer, and still decide you want to select a different path, then the answers to your questions about how to get out should be in the client agreement you signed. If you are worried about an unauthorized debit, talk to your bank about how to deal with that.
I’m not saying you should stay in this option if it is not the right tool to use to accomplish your financial goals. What I am saying is I don’t want you to make the same knee jerk decision you may have made getting into this situation.
Regarding why CareOne sent you to Consumer Law Group, that’s an excellent question for them.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023
- Consumers Charged Illegal Student Loan Relief Fees to Get Some Scratch Back - July 7, 2023