Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts International Debt

I Took an iPhone From a Shop in the UK But Didn’t Pay and Now I Need to Go Back to the UK

Written by Jon Emge



I took an iPhone from a shop on monthly installment and then went abroad on vacation and never came back to UK. Now I need a police clearance certificate from UK. Will this offense be appeared in police clearance certificate?




A police clearance here in the UK is now called a DBS or Disclosure and Barring Service.

These checks do not involve your credit history or credit score, so any unpaid bills or accounts do not show up on them.

An unpaid monthly mobile phone plan will not appear on a DBS, and is not an issue.




You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

READ  Why Do I Have to Pay for a TV License in the UK When I Don't Live There? - Ada

About the author

Jon Emge

Jon Emge is an experienced UK debt advisor who has helped thousands and thousands of people in the UK to deal with problem debt. Jon specialises in finding good solutions for problem debt using a variety of UK specific techniques.

If you have a question you’d like to ask about how to get out of UK debt, just use the online form.


Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top