A lovely reader sent me a mailer they received from Polk Partners. The mailer looks so similar to the many others I’ve received. In fact, it looks like a similar mailer with just a new company name on it.
Call me cynical or highly inquisitive but these mailers raise my antenna because the claims made almost never seem to match reality.
The Polk Partners mailer below says, “you have been pre-approved for a Debt Consolidation Loan” but Polk Partners themselves says they don’t make loans. They say,”Polk Partners is not a lender in any transaction and does not make loans, loan commitments, or lock rates.” – Source
Clearly one of those things is not like the other.
A consumer who receives the mailer might think it has come from a lender and they have been approved for a loan “as low as 3.29%.”
But again, the Polk Partners website spills the beans on what this mailer actually is when it says, “Polk Partners is not an agent of you or any lender. Polk Partners services are only administrative. Polk Partners is a paid marketing lead generator.”
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.
The company has also had a weekly posting of bad news from others as well.
Polk Partners says they are located in Rhode Island.
And they well well might be but the State of Rhode Island has no company registered to do business under the name Polk Partners.
I would recommend that anyone considering using such a company should read the following free guides.
- The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Checking Out a Debt Relief Company Before You Sign On the Line
- 10 Must Do Steps to Find the Best Credit Counseling or Debt Settlement Company for You
- How to Check Out a Business or Company to Avoid Getting Scammed or Ripped Off
- Strategic Financial Solutions and Ryan Sasson Stumble and Get Pounded - February 13, 2024
- These Emotions Stop You From Getting Out of Debt - January 11, 2024
- 16 Common Myths About Getting Out of Debt That Everyone Gets Wrong - January 8, 2024