An Account in Collections With MRS Associates. – Patty

“Dear Steve,

My nephew has credit card debt which has gone to collection with MRS Associates. Who should he contact in order to set up a payment schedule. The credit card company or the collection agency (I’ve heard horror stories about this one). Where should he start?


Dear Patty,

Have your nephew call the credit card company using the number on the back of his card and ask them if he can setup a payment plan directly with the credit card company.

The credit card company may accept his plan or they may say they have assigned his account out to MRS Associates. If they send you back to them then you can assume there is a working relationship and reporting process in place to account for his payments with MRS Associates to report those back to the credit card company.

Tell your nephew, no matter whom he works with, make sure he does not agree to a monthly payment he can’t afford. Promising to make a payment and then not only escalates the problem.


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
Damon Day - Pro Debt Coach

Follow Me
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.
Steve Rhode
Follow Me
Latest posts by Steve Rhode (see all)

Leave a Comment