I have seven payday loans.
I can’t pay my online payday loans. I have already closed my bank account. What should I do?
The fact these are online payday loans makes me wonder if these payday lenders are even registered to offer loans in the state where you live.
This has been a problem for many. Online payday lenders have been pushing loans to people in states they are not authorized to lend money.
You could ask your payday lenders if they have an Extended Repayment Plan to allow you to repay your loans. But, of course, that is if you can even afford to do that.
You could contact the State Attorney General’s office where you live and ask them for help to determine if your lenders are authorized to lend in your state. If not, they might ask you to file a complaint against the company, and once the Attorney General’s office contacts the payday loan company, the payday loan might just be canceled.
Another option might be to consider bankruptcy to close the door forever on the payday loans without putting in the legwork to research them and fight that battle.
You might have other debts that could benefit from a bankruptcy discharge.
If so, talk to a licensed local bankruptcy attorney to practice law in the state where you live and discuss your overall situation.
You have seven payday loans makes me wonder if you’ve been living on the financial edge for a long time and don’t have a savings account or emergency fund to use in tough times.
If the payday lenders are the only people willing to lend to you, something else is going on.
I would pursue this matter in the following order.
- Ask your lenders if they have an Extended Repayment Plan to give you a way out if you can afford the payments.
- If the lenders are not helpful, contact the Attorney General’s office in your state and ask them for help to determine if the companies are even authorized to lend to you. If not, file a formal complaint.
- If you live on the financial edge, talk to a local bankruptcy attorney.
Come back and report on what you decide to do by posting an update in the comments.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- I Want My Money Back That I Paid World Law - June 30, 2022
- How Do I Get My Husband Back That Left Me for Another Woman? - June 30, 2022
- Financial Education Services Fighting Back Against FTC Over Credit Repair Allegations - June 30, 2022