Family Member Took Out Account in Husband’s Name And Then Settled It. – Dawn

“Dear Steve,

A family member opened an account in my husbands name wihout him knowing about it and they settled the acount for less than was owed and we want to but another house soon and this is hurting his credit report is there a way to get this removed from his credit report


Dear Dawn,

You would probably have to file a police report and criminal charges against the family member regarding the credit fraud and identity theft you just uncovered. Using the police report and potential additional documentation from the court you could submit it to the credit bureau and ask them to remove that item.

Outside of that, it’s probably going to remain.


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Damon Day - Pro Debt Coach

Steve Rhode
See also  ACCC Offers 5 Steps to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft

Leave a Comment