Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Debt Collector

HFC Wants a Copy of My Paystub. I’m Not Going to Give It to Them. – Teri

“Dear Steve,

3 months late on a signature loan. Now they want payment in full.

Can a company (HFC) or thier debt collector tell you that they will only accept payments from you if you send them a copy of your pay stub along with a list of all of your debts. I’m not about to give anyone that isn’t my mortgage company or the IRS a copy of my pay stub. If I don’t do this are they likely to sue.


Dear Teri,

It sounds like they are trying to determine if you can afford a repayment plan using your proof of income and your budget. It sounds reasonable to me if that’s what they are trying to do.

They are within their rights to sue you for failure to make your agreed upon payments. If you don’t want to work with them to create a repayment plan you can afford then you should expect to be sued.

If you are unsure about giving them your proof of income with a paystub, ask them what type of repayment program you might qualify for and see if that is even doable for you. If not, then don’t bother to send them your proof of income and budget and wait for the suit.

morehelp1 Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

READ  I Defaulted on a Loan to HFC that Went to Rubin & Rothman. - Cathy

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: