I have 18500$ of (credit card + voluntary repossessed auto loan + medical loans) debt. I left the US last year due visa issues and family emergency and since then there’s no news from anyone about my debts except some emails. Even the emails have stopped now a days.
I constantly monitor my credit report to find that everything has been charged off and sent to collections. The collection guys are checking my report every 2-3 months to find out if there is any new activity happening? Apart from this there are no judgments, liens, no public records
I checked my name across national skip tracing free tools and couldn’t find any matching records
Now I am going to enter the US again. Assume I do the following
1) Get a prepaid phone
2) Register my address with a mail forwarding company
3) Not applying for new credit in any manner (auto loan, mortgage, credit card etc and you name it)
4) Not giving my SSN yo any one else other than my employer
All debt was accrued in VA. SOL for VA on unsecured debts is 3 years and already 1.5 years has passed.
I definitely want to pay this off otherwise i won’t dare to enter the US again
What are the chances of collection people finding me? If i am missing something else that i need to do to hide please let me know
Rather than constantly looking over your shoulder and trying to hide from this debt why don’t you just file bankruptcy and end this now. Otherwise you can be pursued for the rest of your life for old debt. The State of Limitations only has to do with how long you can be sued from the debt. Collections lasts forever.
If you are planning to stay in the U.S. to work, deal with it. At some point you will not want to hide and actually have something.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
- How to Get Your Federal Student Loans Forgiven if You Go to Prison - May 17, 2022
- I Can’t Pay My Online Payday Loans - May 17, 2022
- There is More to Forgiving Student Loans Than Either Side is Talking About - May 16, 2022