Recently someone came to the site and posted a comment (see comment from Dee) that lead me to the video to the right and that took me to the Living Free and Clear program by TJ Marrs (Theron-Jay Marrs). At first glance I saw what I thought were many of the same pitches I saw from Dave Burke and The Real Talk Network. So I thought I’d take a closer look at what the site and TJ Marrs are selling for debt relief help.
After looking at the program I had a number of issues. In my opinion a red flag was raised when I saw that the course for sale on the Living Free and Clear site (LivingFreeandClear.com) was $3,000 to $5,000. That is a lot of money for people to pay for debt relief services. But I suppose it is the same reaction that many people have. After all, TJ Marrs even says in his own video, “Your local attorney or real estate agent is going to tell you this is a scam.” But he asserts that if you keep studying the material and but the program it will all make sense.
Who is Living Free and Clear?
The Living Free and Clear services are actually offered by Theron-Jay Marrs though his company Asset Solutions 2100 LLC, 237 NE Chkalov Dr. STE 117 Vancouver, WA 98684. Asset Solutions, LLC was incorporated on August 3, 1999 and the members are Theron Marrs and Yolanda Marrs. – Source
Who is TJ Marrs
I’ll have to defer to the bio on his own site that says:
Over the past 17 years T.J. Marrs has participated in over 500 real estate transactions combined as a licensed Real Estate Agent, Oregon & Washington licensed Mortgage Broker & Mortgage Banker, and real estate investor.
T.J. has also held professional certifications in securities, insurance, and is a decorated U.S. Naval Intelligence Officer serving during the Iran-Iraq War and cold war periods. Since surviving a near fatal multiple stabbing attack in a Church parking lot, while parking a car to attend midnight Christmas mass in 1998, T.J. has dedicated his life to helping others overcome their fears and obstacles, and changing their lives.
T. J. has authored two books and multiple courses on real estate investing and finance, and has developed one of the most successful coaching systems in America. He currently serves as Chairman of Northwest Real Estate Investors Association, one of the most successful associations in the country. He now spends his time dedicated to his real estate investments, speaking internationally, and helping his students succeed in their businesses. He is the select author for one of the internet’s top web sites receiving over 2 million hits per month.
T.J. has twice been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal and CNBC’s Power Lunch. He has also contributed to the new books “The Idiots Guide to Foreclosure Investing”. His newest Foreclosure Profit Machine – Ethical Foreclosure Investing Strategies, is available at www.amazon.com.
His latest project includes his advanced mortgage acceleration strategies, with the goal to make One Million homeowners debt free, in the next 3 to 9 years. – Source
Apparently TJ Marrs is an Experienced Web Marketer.
TJ also has a site called the Creative Wealth Builder Club (source) where he promises “With just 3 steps I can make you financially independent for life.” He also has some online interview questions you can read.
The Current Living Free and Clear Program
Here is an introductory audio presentation about the current program by TJ Marrs.
I’ll teach you a little bit about your birth certificate. And how your birth certificate is turned into a commodity and used without your permission. And how to take that back where you control it.
– Quote from intro audio above.
The current Living Free and Clear program seems to be about how to “be completely debt free after settlement or collection, using powerful-automatic “Administrative Processes.” – Source. But in my opinion it seems best to describe the program as a coaching, education, foreclosure avoidance, stop foreclosure, ditch your mortgage, income opportunity program.
In watching the video below about the current Living Free and Clear program I listened to Theron-Jay talk about progressivism and marxism and about how proud he was that he had his picture taken with some FOX television personality. He even talks about countries in Europe that will lose their sovereignty because of their debt.
Marrs describes his company and services not as a mortgage elimination or stop foreclosure company. He says “We are not a stop foreclosure or mortgage elimination company. We are an education company.” But there is a slide in the presentation that talks about how the program works to stop foreclosure.
And whatever the program is being sold the statement in the video that as of the video, no successful cases had been completed since “We only launched this last year so it’s too early for completed cases.”
Maybe it’s just me but I also get a bit worried when I see programs that have an ACT FAST feel to them but have a hard “no refund” policy. And another flag for me is the promotion of this as an income opportunity. The affiliate section of the site says:
With just a few referrals, your own mortgage settlement program membership can be effectively net zero cost.
You can create a serious residual part time income with our simple 2 level affiliate program. It is free to be an affiliate. 2 to 3 referral sales a week = @ $1500 to $7491 per week – part time (depending on packages chosen).
Membership in our LFC Flex Line Membership is highly recommended so you are equipped to deliver support to your team and clients.
For example, with our Mortgage Settlement Program you can earn 25% direct commissions and 15% overrides on other affiliates who join you. – Source
The Living Free and Clear Program Today Does Not Appear to Be What It Once Was
I have to admit, I’m confused what the Living Free and Clear program actually is since at one time the program operated under the same name was a pay your mortgage off early program using something like the HELOC Australian mortgage reduction scheme.
He also is or did promote a different mortgage elimination program called the Flex Line Mortgage Elimination Strategy.
With this powerful system we trademarked, we teach people how to reduce the cost of their mortgage while living on the same monthly cash flow, while also living the same lifestyle and owning the same items and luxuries they are used to. The risk is low because you may be able to do it with your current fixed rate mortgage, or at least set yourself up with a fixed rate mortgage for about 90% of the outstanding balance, thus virtually eliminating variable rate risk. A small 2nd mortgage or line of credit ma make up about 10% of your entire balance, which is on a variable rate (all lines of credit are variable), while the other 90% or your mortgage is fixed. Even the small line of credit went very high in rate, it has very little effect on the result.
This takes very little sacrifice and once established is about as simple as making deposits and writing checks, but with a slightly different plan as to what goes where and when. It is very easy to establish and maintain. In our strategy we teach people to establish the proper type of mortgage, a very unique form of a mortgage in fact, which allow an individual to manage their cash flow just like a bank account, except that all of your monthly cash gets applied to your mortgage balance before you pay all the rest of your bills. The result is a lower “average daily balance” on your mortgage over time. Yet you have full flexibility to spend out of this account as needed for everyday expenses, just like a bank account. It does take some powerful software to set up, project results and track changes as you go however. But the user experience is simple.
By the way with a typical $200,000 mortgage, in as little as 7 years, you could actually be free and clear, while living in the same house, and having the same spend-able after debt cash to live on. (Results will vary).
It is similar to earning 6% to 8% on your money in a savings account over time, versus 1% to 3%. It is also similar to reducing a current 7% mortgage to about 2%, effective rate without refinancing. These numbers may seem small but when applied properly it can easily reduce a mortgage payoff to about one third the average payout time. Factors such as excess cash flow, extra income, and simply following the plan are keys to success. A power yet simple to use software program helps set up the plan so that one can determine their own strategy and better stick to it.
Let’s face it if one could knock 20 years off a 30 year mortgage and their payment is $1,500 a month, that equals 240 payments times $1,500 = $360,000 in payments saved. That’s real money that could be used for other investments, college funding, other debt elimination, or simply peace of mind. All while living the exact same lifestyle.
On investor properties, keep in mind, it works slightly differently, but investors report an average $50,000 projected savings per property, with our advanced strategy.
That is equivalent to a $50,000 additional profit per property! – Source
I did find this online study guide to the Living Free and Clear program from 2008 and an eBook describing the Living Free and Clear program as “The Living Free and Clear™ system is a cutting edge, revolutionary way to REDUCE your mortgage payoff by as much as 100 to 200 payments, thus saving the COST of all those unnecessary payments(all without sacrificing new money out of your monthly budget.” – Source
One online poster tried to sum up with the Living Free and Clear program was as of 2006. Here is what they said:
Living Free And Clear Program Itself works well, reverse compound interest is true, and in fact if you have as little as $250 of extra un-used cash each month, then the system CAN pay off a mortgage in as little as 10 years depending on your other debts, and expenses, and yes you don’t have to spend more money . . . Now the Problem . . .
TJ Marrs himself is the problem, he changes the price so often and the content, and is in fact such a good salesman that he can convince people to drop $1000, $2000 or more money they cant afford anyway, on a “system” that will take you 5 minutes to learn . . .
Here is TJ’s System for free! Living Free and Clear for FREE
Here it is in a nutshell.
What you need:
A HELOC (home equity line of credit) or Stand Alone Line of Credit (that allows direct deposit) equal to 3X your monthly income. (Example, i make $5,000 a month after taxes, my Line of Credit is $15,000)
Take the $15,000 from the Line of Credit and Write a Check to your mortgage company, in the memo line make sure and write “apply to principle only”. By law they have to comply and forward towards principle. (now notice you just flat out paid $15,000 towards your mortgage you can even borrow back if you ever need it)
Inform your employer or deposit your paycheck NOT in your checking but in this new Flexible line of credit or Heloc.
Use 2-3 credit cards for ALL your expenses.
Keep the money deposited into your Line of Credit or HELOC as long as possible, IE pay your Mortgage Bill, Credit Cards out of that line of credit on the last possible day. Using your credit cards for expenses will create about 20-25 extra days of your deposit staying in the mortgage HELOC or line of credit account. Pay in full the amount charged that month from that account.
Watch what happens, Give it six months, you have nothing to lose, you spent $15,000 in equity on mortgage, you can always get it back. Notice that if you have $250+ extra un-used cash, interest in the HELOC or Line of Credit will start to reverse! There will be a SURPLUS of CASH by the end of six months! that $15,000 will pay itself OFF! and in 6-14 months the entire $15,000 is back, write another check towards the first mortgage again, now $30,000 paid off.
In 5-12 years be mortgage free. See you don’t need some fancy software, or some long winded tapes and books, you just need action and results.
Save your Money, Living Free and Clear is A Rip Off! I have seen similar programs for $3000 or more and you get much better service and much better software.
TJ Marrs and Living Free and Clear Programs prices change all the time from $1 to $500 to $700 to $1200 you think he would make up his mind by now, if you want to buy his products they should have a streaming chart on his website . . . funny, just like stocks you could buy his product low and sell it high.
www.livingfreeandclear.com is a SCAM! Price and Description changes too much for my taste. – Source
But as you will see below the current incarnation, in my opinion, is an entirely different program than what was described above. Somewhere along the way, things changed.
Current Living Free and Clear Client Contract
When purchasing the Living Free and Clear services you are presented with the option to pay via PayPal on the site.
When paying you are asked to agree to the terms of the contract which is provided separately.
Of particular concern to me was the non-refundable statements in this contract. “This agreement is not cancelable for any reason after 72 hours of delivering proprietary training materials by email.”
CLIENT waives any right to cancel after that or exercise credit card charge backs or return of orders. CLIENT further agrees that a charge back effectively forms an agreement to pay a penalty fee of $200 for processing of charge backs. – Source
In addition, whatever materials are sold are on an all sales are finial basis. in my opinion this is a tragic setup for unhappy people who may sign the agreement and then latter have buyer’s remorse and want out. I think companies providing debt relief services should provide a demonstrable pro-rata refund policy based on the actual services used.
So it appears what the consumer is paying $3,000 to $5,000 for is “consulting and training” and “coaching” as provided by Asset Solutions. The course materials are described as “electronically delivered course materials including manuals, contracts, electronic files, etc.” – Source
Course Agreement The undersigned (“Client’) agrees to undertake Consulting and Training with Asset Solutions 2100, LLC, which includes course materials and support as described below.
- Consultation. CLIENT understands that coaching will be provided by ASSET SOLUTIONS 2100, LLC (hereinafter “CONSULTANT”). CONSULTANT will provide you with the agreed currently available downloadable books, audios, and written materials in exchange for payment made by CLIENT. Consideration of one dollar ($1) is included in list price, under which CONSULTANT agrees to provide course support and update information to CLIENT with his/her mortgage settlement process. ______
- Course Materials. CLIENT will receive CONSULTANT’S certain electronically delivered course materials including manuals, contracts, electronic files, etc.. This material shall be kept in strictest of confidence by CLIENT, and shall not be reproduced or copied or given to sources, other than parties to transactions involved as necessary. These materials are licensed for the private use of the CLIENT only and are not to be shared with any other parties, except those parties with whom the CLIENT may share a beneficial interest in a property with. Sources, methods, documents, and contacts revealed shall not be disclosed to anyone without specific written consent of consultant, unless being given to potential interested parties to a transaction where the CONSULTANT is financially compensated ____.
- Method of Communication. CLIENT will receive limited course training support by group class training sessions, then by support ticket system, then by email, and then by scheduled phone consultation – but only after attempting the previous methods first (typically scheduled 9am-5pm Mon-Fri Pacific Time). CLIENT understands that if CONSULTANT or related staff is unavailable or out of his office CONSULTANT may not be able to immediately personally respond to all calls, faxes or e-mail inquiries by CLIENT, but CONSULTANT or his staff, will make every effort to respond to all questions as soon as reasonably possible. ______
- No Guarantee of Results and Guarantees. CLIENT understands that CONSULTANT assures the company efforts, but does not guarantee CLIENT’s efforts and subsequent results. CLIENT understands that in order to make the trained transactions happen he/she must work diligently to actively pursue required step to achieve success. Signing this agreement acknowledges that CLIENT is aware of the work involved in proceeding with their mortgage correction plan, and that certain actions by other parties are not predictable, although historically effectively dealt with the general processes. Once original training materials are delivered and reviewed for 3 calendar days, CLIENT waives any right to cancel after that or exercise credit card charge backs or return of orders. CLIENT further agrees that a charge back effectively forms an agreement to pay a penalty fee of $200 for processing of charge backs. Course material sales are final, except where specifically indicated. ______
- Joint Venture. In the event that CLIENT and CONSULTANT (or any entity affiliated with), enter into a joint venture on a property in exchange for expanded individual support, such as document preparation, negotiation, personal coaching or document evaluation, and/or transaction support, proceeds shall be split according to the agreement on each individual transaction. Said proceeds shall become payable in full with U.S. Federal Reserve Notes (US Dollars) to CONSULTANT within 45 days of achieving a final settlement or clearing of liens from title. _______
- No Legal or Accounting Representation. CONSULTANT holds no legal or accounting licenses and will be providing instruction, education, and coaching on the use of course materials only. CONSULTANT nor it’s REPRESENTATIVES or affiliates, are the legal agent of client and are not to be considered rendering legal or accounting advice. If CLIENT requires a licensed realtor, legal advice, tax or accounting advice, CLIENT agrees to retain such professional counsel as they see fit. All documentation used should be reviewed by appropriate legal counsel before final use. Therefore, CONSULTANT shall be held harmless from ANY legal or accounting problems which may result from CLIENT’s use of course materials, forms, involvement in any transaction, for actions or services of 3rd party sources referred, or from techniques taught by CONSULTANT or CONSULTANT representatives. CONSULTANT agrees to keep all discussions between CONSULTANT and CLIENT in the strictest confidence. ______
- Entire Agreement. As written, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the CLIENT and CONSULTANT. They have made no further promises of any kind to one another, nor have they reached any other understandings, written or verbal. This agreement applies only to matters regarding real estate or mortgage consulting. _______
- Exceptions: CLIENT may refer other clients to CONSULTANT for a referral fee of (see published affiliate schedule and separate enrollment required to be in effect). ______
- Return policy: Due to proprietary nature of most material sold, all sales are final, unless otherwise specifically offered in writing. If applicable, return are subject to a 15% restocking and merchant processing fee and do not include shipping paid. Rebate
programs are not to be considered a refund. Rebates are only redeemable as specified in the offer. If transaction profits are not shared by CLIENT as agreed, any rebate terms offered are null and void. _______
- Payment plan agreement. Entry into this agreement constitutes a promissory note executed by both parties for payments due, to pay the agreed terms of the offer accepted, and may be secured by a “performance lien” against any CLIENT real property if payments agreed to are not paid as agreed. ONLY THE CURRENT PAYMENT PLANS OFFERRED ON THE WEB SITE WILL BE GRANTED ______
THIS AGREMENT MAY BE AMMENDED BY CONSULTANT. IN SUCH CASES, THE CLIENT SHALL BE GIVEN 72 HOURS TO DISAGREE WHEN NOTIFIED BY EMAIL OR FAX TRANSSMISSION, OR THEREFORE AUTOMATICALLY CONSENT TO THE PUBLISHED AMMENDMENDS.
Course and Program Options
PRICES AND TERMS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Referring affiliate ___________________________________________________ (Must be a pre-registered affiliate in our system to apply – self generated or “non arms length” affiliate relationships are not allowed to earn commissions, such as person in same household).
_____OPTION 1 – Mortgage Cancellation Course Plan + Multiple Transactions + Real Estate Course/Coaching
Includes web delivered course materials; processing resources, e-books, videos, audios material, forms and weekly Q&A calls. Personal small group coaching is available first by email, then by phone by appointment. A one half hour monthly one on one personal coaching session is also included. This option also includes our Real Estate Course Kit and assistance on multiple property mortgages. Additional real estate investment coaching is available for a JV fee equal to 50% of the net profit from first transaction CLIENT wishes to receive real estate coaching on.
OPTIONAL: Online automated document set up fee is separately billed by separate company per set of documents ordered, if requested. Initial set of documents on one mortgage is included in this price below. Additional mortgage or doc prep will be billed per mortgage case requested. 3rd party Notary Services and mailing fees are not included in price. CURRENT PRICE: $4995.00 and you get to deduct that original fee from the equity share payout as a “rebate” if applicable** (price subject to change)
_____OPTION 2 – Mortgage Cancellation Course ONLY – Single transaction
Includes online course materials; processing resources, e-books, videos, audios material, forms and weekly Q&A calls. Personal small group coaching is available first by email, then by phone by appointment. A one half hour monthly one on one personal coaching session is also included. OPTIONAL: Online automated document set up fee is separately billed by separate company per set of documents ordered from them, if requested. Your initial set of documents on one mortgage is inc luded in this price below. Additional mortgage or doc prep will be billed per mortgage case requested. 3rd party Notary Services and mailing fees are not included in price. CURRENT PRICE: $2,995.00 (price subject to change)
NOTE ON REBATE, PAYMENTS OR OTHER FORMS OF PAYMENT: Payment plans will result in a 10% increase in overall tuition fees, divided by the number of agreed payments. TWO credit cards required for payment options, and are non cancelable. 5% discount for “cashier check” or “Cash Deposit” payments paid in full (wires excluded). Applicable sales taxes must be included in the initial payment.
This agreement is not cancelable for any reason after 72 hours of delivering proprietary training materials by email.
CLEARLY Print client(s) ______________________________ Sign x________________________ __________, 20___ Shipping address_______________________________________________________________________ City_________________________________________________________ State____ Zip__________ ________________________ ______________________ _____________________
Daytime telephone number Cell # Fax# Email ________________________________@_______________________________ (for delivery of account details)
Fax this entire agreement to: 360-397-0159, with credit card information, then mail funds to: Asset Solutions 2100, LLC 237 NE Chkalov Dr. STE 117 Vancouver, WA 98684
(Accepted by Asset Solutions 2100, LLC officer X__________________________________ )
Any Clarification is Welcome
If you have some feedback or clarification you would like to add to help people better understand the Living Free and Clear program by Asset Solutions 2100 and T.J. Marrs, please post your comments below.