A tipster (send in your tips here) sent in the following agreement from the Law Office of evan S. Kagan for debt help representation. The tipster (send in your tips here) said:
Take a look at the new program that is supposed to “benefit” the customer with $9000 in non refundable fees. Not only is more than debt settlement this customer is paying 30% in fees with no guarantees. I thought you would think Its amazing that they are quoting 100% success rate.
From reading the agreement between Kagan and the consumer I found some interesting parts.
- Law Firm will send creditors letter of representation and request for debt verification.
- The Law Firm shall audit all documents that are produced to attempt to find potential violations of federal and state consumer protection laws.
- “Generally” litigation against creditors is on a contingency fee basis with no charges to the client if the firm is able to recover damages and/or Law Firm fee.
- Law Firm will defend client in any litigation and client must pay filing fees associated with the filing of appeals.
- THERE IS NO CHARGE TO CLIENT FOR THE SERVICE OF RENEGOTIATING, SETTLING, OR IN ANY OTHER WAY ALTERING THE TERMS OF ANY DEBT BETWEEN THE CLENT AND ANY UNSECURED CREDITOR OR DEBT COLLECTOR, INCLUDING A REDUCTION IN THE BALANCE, INTEREST RATE OR FEES OWED. THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE AND INCIDENTAL TO SERVICES ABOVE.
- The Law Firm fee for services is a NON-REFUNDABLE fee of $9,000 which will be paid in monthly installments. [Based on $31550 of debt.]
- There are no additional monthly fees.
I’m away at the moment with limited internet access. So if you read the following agreement and spot anything of interest I missed on my quick review of it, please add a comment with your observations below.
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.