How Do I File Bankruptcy From Overseas? – Allison

I got way over my head in debt (I know how is not important) but I am now unemployed. I have to stay at home to care for my small child. I am looking for a job but none of them will bring in enough to alleviate my situation. My debt is on credit cards and also I have student loans from years ago. I looked into Clear One Advantage to help me get out of the credit card debt but after reading (and re-reading) the settlement contract I just have a bad feeling about their process. Also, it just seems like they are ripping me off with huge fees. The point is to get out of debt, not continue it. Because of my situation I left the country. I am now considering filing for Bankruptcy as I just cannot figure out another solution. I have offered an amount to the collections company that my debt was sent to but they did not take it.

How do I file bankruptcy from overseas? My permanent address in the USA is in Texas. Also, is Clear One Advantage a solution (or a continuation of my problem).


This reader question was submitted for site members to answer.

This is your chance to be a hero and help out this person by providing your feedback and answer to the question. Post your response in the comments section below.

If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask just use the online form.

Damon Day - Pro Debt Coach

Follow Me
Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.
Steve Rhode
Follow Me
See also  We Signed Up With ClearOne Advantage And Now Getting Sued by Navy Federal Credit Union. - Fran

Comments are closed.