I’d like to give a big hat tip to USOBA for sending me the mailer below that a consumer received. It is entirely deceptive and consumers need to be warned to watch for this in their mail.
As you can see from the cover of the mailer it appears to contain information about the recipients Visa or MasterCard account. It also contains an official looking warning message on the lower left.
The inside of the mailer makes it appear this is some sort of government form, which it is not. in the upper left is a form number, 08-PNH3, which is not a government form number.
The message begins with saying the person receiving this has been approved for the 2010 US Credit Card Hardship Program, there is no such government program.
The top center of the form mentions “national benefits”, there are no national benefits for consumer debt relief under the 2010 Economic Stimulus Package. It is a lie.
The mailer mentions an approved debt reduction amount. Lie. There are not benefits, no plan, no consumer bailout and no approved reduction.
The bullet points of the mailer are:
- Immediate Reduction of Payments by 50% or More
- Eliminate and Reduce ALL Credit Card Debt in 12 to 36 Months
- Save and Restore your Credit by Avoiding Bankruptcy
- No Interest Rate Accrues From Enrollment Start Date
- Make Only 1 payment per Month
- Avoid Costly Debt Management of Credit Counseling
- Stop Harassing Creditor Calls
While the listed benefits sound great, they are for the most part all blatantly not true and certainly not statements which could be made on a general basis.
The mailer instructs people to go to StopDebtNow.us. Public records indicate the domain is owned by:
3372 Hopi Ave
San Diego, California 92117
The mailer instructs people to go to StopDebtNow.us/cdr and the page displayed is below.
This mailer and site seem to be nothing more than a lead generation tool using deception and false statements to attempt to entice people to respond.
My vote is to not call, not respond and stay away from this mailer.
I did call the telephone number in the mailer, 866-362-2511, and was connected with Critical Debt Relief in San Diego California. – Source
Their site is shown below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.
- Will Parking Fines or Speeding Tickets Affect My Credit Score? - December 2, 2021
- Rapid Reader Questions, Debt Consolidation, Navient, Credit Score, Fraud, and More - December 1, 2021
- Rapid Fire Reader Questions – Levy, Attorney, Collection, Bankruptcy - November 30, 2021