I have Legal helpers taking care of my credit cards, I have been paying almost $1000 a month towards my cards thinking that legal helpers are taking care of my credit cards. And yesterday morning I got served by citibank. I have been trying to get a hold of legal helpers for 2 days and I haven’t received a call back. What do I do. I have to respond to the papers in 20 days.
What do I do. I have to respond to the papers in 20 days.
I wish I had some magical telephone number for you to get through.
It seems we have two issues here:
- A customer service problem. You would hope you could get through to someone or get a call back quickly at a time like this. It is a stressful situation to be sued by a creditor and I can imagine you really want to talk to someone there quickly for some help and advice.
- Debt settlement does not prevent lawsuits. Simply working with a debt settlement company does not alter the relationship you have with your creditor. If you are not paying the creditor and you are in default of your contractual agreement with them they have a legal right to enforce your mutual agreement through the courts.
I had another recent reader send in a question saying that they were told to represent themselves in court. If that’s what you hear when you finally get through, let me know in the comments below.
If you want to stop this and any future lawsuits then you may want to consider bankruptcy. If you can’t get through to Legal Helpers Debt Resolution to ask for advice on how bankruptcy could help you in this situation then I’d suggest you look for a local bankruptcy attorney, contact them, and find out what bankruptcy would mean for you.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- I Want My Money Back That I Paid World Law - June 30, 2022
- How Do I Get My Husband Back That Left Me for Another Woman? - June 30, 2022
- Financial Education Services Fighting Back Against FTC Over Credit Repair Allegations - June 30, 2022