I have Legal helpers taking care of my credit cards, I have been paying almost $1000 a month towards my cards thinking that legal helpers are taking care of my credit cards. And yesterday morning I got served by citibank. I have been trying to get a hold of legal helpers for 2 days and I haven’t received a call back. What do I do. I have to respond to the papers in 20 days.
What do I do. I have to respond to the papers in 20 days.
Do You Have a Question You'd Like Help With? Contact Debt Coach Damon Day. Click here to reach Damon.
I wish I had some magical telephone number for you to get through.
It seems we have two issues here:
- A customer service problem. You would hope you could get through to someone or get a call back quickly at a time like this. It is a stressful situation to be sued by a creditor and I can imagine you really want to talk to someone there quickly for some help and advice.
- Debt settlement does not prevent lawsuits. Simply working with a debt settlement company does not alter the relationship you have with your creditor. If you are not paying the creditor and you are in default of your contractual agreement with them they have a legal right to enforce your mutual agreement through the courts.
I had another recent reader send in a question saying that they were told to represent themselves in court. If that’s what you hear when you finally get through, let me know in the comments below.
If you want to stop this and any future lawsuits then you may want to consider bankruptcy. If you can’t get through to Legal Helpers Debt Resolution to ask for advice on how bankruptcy could help you in this situation then I’d suggest you look for a local bankruptcy attorney, contact them, and find out what bankruptcy would mean for you.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
- We Rise From the Dead Yet Again – Podcast - October 2, 2023
- Lexington Law Credit Repair Gets Hammered in Lawsuit Settlement. If You Sell Credit Repair – Wake Up! - August 28, 2023
- People That Got Scammed by Robocall Debt Relief Company Life Management Services of Orange County to Get Money Back - July 7, 2023