A tipster (send in your tips here) just alerted me that a company I had recently written about in Is Leading Debt Arbitrators in Canada a Poser? is apparently taking a run at another of their critics, the Credit Counseling Society at nomoredebts.org.
And while they took an ill fated swipe at the Credit Counseling Society they have only harmed themselves in the action.
The Credit Counseling Society made the following allegations: – Source
1. Leading Debt Arbitrators Inc. is Not Accredited by the Better Business Bureau. – That’s true.
2. Leading Debt Arbitrators Inc is a California based debt settlement company that is now advertising its services in Canada. – That’s true.
3. Leading Debt Arbitrators claims to have two Canadian offices. However, neither of them are real. Both of them are mail boxes rented from a “virtual office” rental company. – That’s true as I exposed in my article.
4. Leading Debt Arbitrators’ Business Practices are Illegal in the U.S. – That’s true. Advanced fee debt settlement as practiced by Leading Debt Arbitrators is illegal in the United States.
5. Leading Debt Arbitrators Fees are Outrageous. – The fees are said to occupy 90% of the clients payment during the first 12 months in the program. That is outrageous.
Leading Debt Arbitrators Scam Response
In response to the article by the Credit Counseling Society in Canada, leading Debt Arbitrators put up LeadingDebtArbitratorsScam.ca in which they wanted to respond with outrage to the allegations made. – Source
Their response is entirely off topic, does not address the allegations made, and really only hurts them more than anything else. If the allegations were not true and verifiable then why would the CEO Ann Higgins take the time to fein outrage but not respond to them?
Higgins tries to make the claim that the virtual offices in Vancouver and Toronto are there for the convince of their clients. “Some of our offices are purposefully located to provide convenience and accessibility to clients who prefer dropping off their documents at a local office.” Seriously? You feel it is the best interest of the consumer to drop their payments or sensitive documents off at a virtual office that is not staffed by Leading Debt Arbitrators? I call that reckless and a security breach. Besides, how is parking the car and going up to the fourth floor, convienent?
They then try to besmirch the Credit Counseling Society by saying, “Leading Debt Arbitrators Holds Highest Industry Standards” with their IAPDA counselor certification. That’s not the highest industry standard. ISO 9001 is a much higher standard. The IAPDA certification is a home study course.
Responses leveled by Leading Debt Arbitrators against their critics which never addresses the core issues just makes us observers feel there is really fire with that smoke.
I’ll keep my eye on them. You should too.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.
- BS Biden Tax Relief Program Calls – Hang Up! - September 23, 2021
- Is Coast Processing or Litigation Practice Group a Scam? - September 22, 2021
- Veterans United Overcharged the VA and I Want My Eligibility Back - September 22, 2021