I am looking for a way to consolidate my credit card debt so that I can make just one payment a month versus several and hopefully pay off my debt faster.
I have received a call back from the Thomassen Law Group. I’m not sure if this is a scam or not. I am not comfortable simply not making payments to my credit cards just to that I can go from good standing to bad just so they can negotiate on my behalf to reduce my debt by 50%
Has anyone had any experience with the Thomassen Law Group? Is this a scam?
If you are able to make your current payments and they told you to stop paying your credit card debts, shame on them.
While being delinquent is generally the foundation for pursuing a settlement, it will also result in negative entries on your credit report for seven years and potentially being sued for non-payment. It just doesn’t sound like that’s what you are looking for.
From the information you’ve shared it sounds like you simply are looking for a straightforward debt consolidation at a lower rate and you are current on your debts. Take a look at LendingClub.com for just such an unsecured loan. If you do decide to go that route, post your loan number in the comments below and I’ll help fund it.
The LendingClub.com approach will result in you paying off your current balances in full and not result in any derogatory delinquent payment notification.
As far as saying Thomassen Law Group is a scam, what I can offer is that based on what you said you wanted to achieve, it does not sound like the solution presented meets your goals or expectations.
Thomassen Law Group
402 W Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
Just as an interesting observation, I did notice that while Thomassen Law Group says they are involved in personal injury, family law, and mediation, when you look at the staff, it looks pretty debt settlement focused to me.
- Marilyn Thomassen – Lawyer
- Scott Waszak – “Scott Waszak has had a long and successful career working in the financial services industry, including debt settlement, IRS and State of California Tax negotiation and settlement, as well as pre-IPO investments. Mr. Waszak considers his greatest attribute pursuant to his profession to be a genuine concern and empathy for his clients. When not helping his clients with their debt issues, he enjoys relaxing with family, friends (including his two very best four legged friends, Paisley and Dino…) and, of course, driving very fast sleek Italian sports cars that end in the letter “I.”
- David Burnell – “Mr. Burnell has been considerate and diligent in helping clients clearly and deliberately understand the process and benefits of the debt negotiation process offered to them by this law firm.”
- Elizabeth Leonard – “three years with the Thomassen Law Group as an Executive Assistant to Mr. David Burnell and Mr. Scott Waszak.”
- Melissa Stuart – “Mrs. Stuart has been with the firm for three years, learning the debt settlement industry and the way this firm practices debt settlement law as an Executive Assistant and then being promoted to an Analyst about two years ago.”
- Patricia “Tricia” Livingston – “For the last three years, she has been with this law office as the Executive Assistant to Mr. Scott Waszak and to Mr. David Burnell.” – Source
Even their own promotional videos are targeted towards debt relief services.
They also say they are part of the Consumer Debt Legal Network.
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
- So Who is Maximus Education Taking Over Navient Loans as Aidvantage? - October 22, 2021
- Listen to Debt Settlement Sales Call – Why Would You Enroll? - October 22, 2021
- My Mortgage Lender Foreclosed on Our House in Error - October 21, 2021