Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Wage Garnishment Related

An Old Discover Credit Card Account is Going to Garnish My Wages. – Steve

“Dear Steve,

I have an outstanding debt of 3500.00 to discovery card. they won a judgment against me in 2003 but i was living out of state and was never served. now they are going to garnish my wages. i just found out about this today and there is no way i can afford this. please help.
thank you.


Dear Steve,

You have three logical choices. The first would be to attempt and negotiate a repayment plan you can afford.

First, you can consult with a local attorney to make sure the creditor had the right to sue you and win a garnishment after so long.

Second, you can attempt to negotiate a mutually acceptable repayment plan with the creditor to avoid the garnishment.

Third, you can click here to find a local bankruptcy attorney and talk to them about discharging the old debt with bankruptcy and effectively kill the garnishment.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.

morehelp1 Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Big Hug!
Get Out of Debt Guy - Twitter , G+ , Facebook
If you have a credit or debt question you'd like to ask just use the online form .

READ  I'm An Aircraft Inspector and Hiding So My Wages Don't Get Garnished. - James

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Share a Comment / Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: