I have a consoidated student loan with my ex-husband. He does not pay a cent towards that loan and is a deadbeat dad too. I am currently unemployed and the current loan payment of $166 is just too much for me right now. I’m not in default and the current balance is about $18000. I know about IBR but Sallie Mae says I need to have him fill out some forms and sign them in order for me to be in the program. I can’t get him to sign but I need to lower my payments too. I really need some help!
Who can help me to get into the IBR program so my loan payments will be affordable? I have a spousal consolidation but my ex-husband is out of state and I can’t get him to sign the papers so I can get into Sallie Mae’s IBR program.
I know of no solution to overcome the fact your husband refuses to cooperate with you.
Just remember that Sallie Mae’s IBR program is not for all types of loans.
Income-based repayment helps eligible customers manage their payments on:
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Most federal consolidation loans
Loans that are not eligible for IBR:
- Parent PLUS loans
- Federal consolidation loans that include Parent PLUS loans
- Private loans
Do you know if your loans are government backed or private loans?
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.
You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.
Do you have a question you'd like to ask me for free? Go ahead and click here.
- Who Knew TitleMax Sucked This Bad? - February 23, 2023
- Litigation Practice Group Lawsuit by Business Partner All Service Financial – We Want Our Money - January 24, 2023
- HomeAdvisor and Angi to Pay Up To $7.2 Million and Stop Deceptively Marketing its Leads for Home Improvement Projects - January 23, 2023