Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts International Debt Reader Questions

How Do I Get My Tenant in Dubai to Pay His Rent if His Cheques Are Bad? – Bwana

Written by Consumer

My tenant in Dubai is in the middle of a one year tenancy agreement under which four post dated cheques were issued. Only one cheque has been honoured and two have bounced. I have sent him numerous polite requests to pay in cash. No answer.

I am an absentee UK landlord of an apartment in JLT (Dubai) and two rent cheques issued by my tenant have bounced. I have sent the tenant several emails and made several unsuccessful telephone calls requesting cash payment. What recourse do I have to evict the tenant and recover the outstanding monies without having to travel to Dubai? Can I file a police case for bounced cheques in absentia? Your advise will be most appreciated.

This is your chance to be a hero and help out this person by providing your feedback and answer to the question in the comments section below.

READ  I'm Back Visiting Dubai and a Lawyer Called About an Old Debt. Should I Leave the UAE?

About the author


This is information that was submitted by a third party and not generated by or Steve Rhode.

1 Comment

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top