A reader has sent in a mailer by Brookstone Law titled “Notice Regarding Mass Tort Litigation Lawsuits.”
The mailer claims that potential claims made against lenders by consumers participating are:
- Fraudulent Mortgage Note Origination
- Fraudulent Concealment and Misrepresentation at Time of Origination
- Patriot Act Violations/Unlawful Funding of Note
- Improper Securitization of Loan/Note
- Improper Assignment of Mortgage/Deed of Trust/MERS
- Breach of Contract Regarding Trial Modification Agreement
The mailer also states, “You may become a joined plaintiff in a significant lawsuit that will seek, among other things, to void your note(s), and/or to award you relief and monetary damages.”
While bearing a different format, the stated benefits appear to be similar to those made in many of the discredited Form 1012 mailers that others have sent out.
On a positive note at least the mailer does state it is an attorney advertisement and openly names the attorney, Vito Torchia, Jr. who is responsible for the mailer.