A consumer just posted a complaint about a debt relief company called 1st United Consultants. You can read it here.
In reviewing the website of this company it appears entirely mysterious what they are claiming to offer. They say a lot of things and nothing at all, all at the same time. Reads like doublespeak to me.
This is how they describe their services.
The following are some details about the services we provide:
- Our service is not a loan and therefore has a 0% interest rate and no penalties!
- We start off by saving you money. Our average clients will see a 25% to 35% reduction in their monthly expenses on Day 1!
- We will set you up with a plan to eliminate interest from your credit card debt, reduce interest rates, principal balances, and payments on your mortgage(s) and to eliminate medical bills, tax bills, student loan payments and any other debts you may have.
- We will provide you with education on what to expect from lenders, loans, credit and debt and how to position yourself for success.
- We will provide you with new solutions to money management problems that you never knew existed.
- We will give you access to resources that your lenders never wanted you to know about, secrets of the trade that will take the power from the banks and lenders and put it back in your hands.
- We will offer you solutions and protection options on how to deal with creditors and collectors.
- We will set you up with some of the best connections in the debt relief industry to help you rid yourself of your financial burdens.
- This is not another debt settlement, loan modification, mortgage refinance program or plan, this is a true solution with true results.
- We will provide you with the highest level of customer satisfaction and a shoulder to lean on for advice in these trying times but never at the cost of doing what’s right. – Source
And despite their logo with the American flag on it I can’t even confirm they are actually located in America. Domain name history and a typo on their site seem to point at the fact they may even be affiliated with Australia of all places.
The site claims to offer all sorts of magical solutions for debt problems without any specifics on how this actually happens. The consumer that filed the complaint said the company was going to collect six months of payments before contacting any of their creditors, including the mortgage company.
So what can you share about this mysterious company and their magic solution to eliminate debt?
I can always use your help. If you have a tip or information you want to share, you can get it to me confidentially if you click here.