A wonderful reader sent in a copy of a mailer they recently received that is labeled as a NOTICE OF RESOLUTION BENEFITS. The reader says when they called the number on the mailer, 866-417-0597, the company that answered identified themselves as J & D Associates.
Our dear reader was perplexed why they got this mailer to begin with since their credit report is “clean” and without any issues or concerns.
After calling the toll-free telephone number the reader now keeps getting calls back and the caller ID does not show a name.
You will notice the mailer proclaims a number of benefits that would be illegal under a traditional debt settlement program. So we’ll have to assume the purpose is to generate leads into an attorney debt settlement program which may be felt to be exempt from the FTC Telemarketing Sales Rules.
The mailer claims:
- Immediate Reduction of Payment Up To 60% (determined by phone interview)
- Eliminate and Reduce Credit Card Debt in 12 to 36 months
- Restore Your Credit Rating by Avoiding Bankruptcy
- No Interest Charges Accrue From Enrollment Start Date
- Make Only 1 Payment per Month
- Avoid Costly Debt Management or Credit Counseling
Inside of Mailer
Let’s Be Clear
Even though this is sent in an official looking envelope this is an advertising piece to sell debt relief services. There is no official government program.