Ask The Get Out of Debt Experts Bankruptcy Related

My Chapter 13 Bankruptcy My Be Dismissed Even Though I’m Making the Payments. – Cynthia

“Dear Steve,

I am currently under a Chapter 13 w/ a court (trustee) odered monthly payment. The trustee is seeking a dismissal based upon the wrong amount being paid every month however by their own documentation the submitted monthly payment matches what was ordered to date.

In the beginning I was given an amount to pay per month. I was told by my attorney that this may change based upon the final conculsion of the actual debts. However I have never received anything asking for the amount to increase from the trustee office nor has my employer. It appeares to me that the trustee office has made an error. Can the trustee dismiss my case based upon their own error and if so what legal process can I take against them?


Dear Cynthia,

Pick up the phone and call your bankruptcy attorney to get this resolved.

Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.


You are not alone. I'm here to help. There is no need to suffer in silence. We can get through this. Tomorrow can be better than today. Don't give up.

See also  How Do They Calculate Your Chapter 13 Payment in Florida? - Bart

About the author

Steve Rhode

Steve Rhode is the Get Out of Debt Guy and has been helping good people with bad debt problems since 1994. You can learn more about Steve, here.

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top