Graduate from 2 art schools. Certificate in Art Direction. Have worked in the industry and am currently a graphic designer.
I am in $100,000 in student loan debt. Its a private loan so from my research and meeting with lawyers Im pretty much out of luck with any other repayment options other then what my lender wants to give me. I owe around 1k a month and I can’t afford that without having to sell my car and quit paying car insurance, which i did. I understand I loaned that money and I have to pay it back. I just want to know if and how I can make these payments smaller. I have my father as a cosigner and I dont want to screw him over. If I didnt have a cosigner and I stopped paying, the loner garnishing my wages up to 50% wouldnt equal my monthly payments. I have a baby on the way and just want to make sure she has everything she needs and is safe. Im not looking to just get out free or have extra money to go out or whatever. Its for my daughter, and I don’t want her living a hard life because her father made a bad choice going to school at age 20. Than k you so much for taking the time to read this, hope I didn’t waste your time. Thank you again.
Yes, when it comes to private student loans, unless the lender is willing to make an adjustment, you are screwed. If they were government backed loans you’d have a number of good options. It’s a shame schools push private student loans to sell education when they are the worst type of student loans to have.
Student Loan Resources
You can use the following student loan resources to help reorganize, discharge or forgive your student loan payments.
The Overall Guide to Dealing With Student Loan Debt
Get Help For Your Student Loan Problem
Discharge Your Student Loans in Bankruptcy
- How to Really Discharge Your Student Loans in Bankruptcy. Many Can. But Never Try.
- A Look at Sallie Mae and Other Student Loans Discharged in Bankruptcy in 2012
- Federal Student Loans Discharged in Bankruptcy. A Look at the Surprising 2012 Data and Cases.
- These Private Student Loans Can Be Easily Discharged in Bankruptcy
- All Student Loan Bankruptcy Discharge Articles
Getting Sued Over a Student Loan
Private Student Loan Help
Student Loan Default
Student Loan Forgiveness and Discharge Information
- The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Student Loans You Can’t Afford
- Obama Student Loan Forgivess Program
- Military Student Loan Forgiveness and Discharge Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness or Discharge Can Create a Huge Tax Bill. Watch Out!
- Student Loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness – New Forms and Documentation Released
- Government Student Loan Disability Discharge
Watch Out for Student Loan Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Assistance Rescue Scams On the Rise – Buyer Beware
- Student Loan Assistance Report Out. Shows Danger of Such Programs.
Administrative Wage Garnishment
Student Loan Consolidation Information
- Student Loan Consolidation Payment and Interest Rate Calculator
- Student Loan Consolidation Opportunities and the Best Way to Lower Your Student Loan Payments
- Federal Direct Consolidation Loan Online Calculator
Specific Federal Student Loan Repayment Program Information
- Standard Repayment Plan
- Graduated Repayment Plan
- Extended Repayment Plan
- Income Based Repayment Plan
- Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan
- Income Contingent Repayment Plan
- Income Sensitive Repayment Plan
Maybe College Isn’t the Answer
Please post your responses and follow-up messages to me on this in the comments section below.